Whatever happened to 'Novelty Act'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patokeefe

The Fly
I remember that a song called 'Novelty Act' was supposed to be included as a B-side on the 'Stuck In A Moment' single but it was changed at the last minute for some reason. Around that same time I downloaded a 20 second clip of the song and it sounds like it would be a rocking tune -very Achtung Babyish. Does anyone know what happened to this song and why it never made it onto the single (it was replaced with 'Big Girls Are Best')?

It was a song I was hoping would be on complete U2 but couldnt think of the title

Eh, Hymn To The Universe is a better song. Why it hasnt made an album yet is beyond me. I think Novelty Act is going to be a box set song in about 10 to 15 years. U2 has WAY better material they havent used over the rubbish they put on the Ipod set.

Novelty Act...is that actually a song, or just a provisional title for the Pop album? In the Four5One book on U2 album covers they show a bunch of provisional covers for Pop and a couple of them say "Novelty Act". Did they actually record a song called that?

Haven't seen the POP artwork but that's definitely interesting. However, I'm pretty positive that it's a song since I downloaded a clip of it and it's been around on the Internet. It was listed as a B-side for 'Stuck In A Moment' and then they did a switch at the last minute to 'Big Girls Are Best'. If you search U2 + Novelty Act in Google you'll find a few U2 sites that still have this listed as the B-side for the single. It's gotta be out there somewhere, and from the clip that I heard it sounded pretty good!

Back
Top Bottom