What would you engrave on your iPod?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Balfron

Acrobat
I was thinking it would be cool to get a U2 quote on the back of my iPod, any ideas?

I thought maybe the Elevation Tour motto "The goal is soul" wouldn't be bad.

i'd put "Dream out loud".

or "don't let the bastards grind you down". (lol, just kidding! :D)

have fun with whatever you choose! =)

Dream Out Loud

Or

The Goal is Soul

are probably the two best choices...

Or maybe if your favorite line is a short one that could work too.

i said it before in another thread when someone asked about it, "Put down your fucking phone, you're at a concert, christ."

Dream Out Loud is a great choice! :up:

My Senior quote is actually "Dream up the world you want to live in. Dream out loud."

1, 2, 3, 14! hahaha just kidding, I also think the Goal is soul one would be kick ass, to bad I just ordered a 60 G ipod video with no engraving.

This fits and was what I was going to do...

every artist is a cannibal
every poet is a thief

inmyplace13 said:
This fits and was what I was going to do...

every artist is a cannibal
every poet is a thief

My black 5G 30 GB has "Lookin' for a sound that's gonna drown out the world" engraved on the back

:drool: I might have to take either of those when I get a new one... (my second generation iPod is about ready to kick the bucket, but I think I can wait until they come out with a hardier version of the video iPod, I've heard things about the screen being too fragile).

Those both fit really well :yes:

amerrydeath said:

:drool: I might have to take either of those when I get a new one... (my second generation iPod is about ready to kick the bucket, but I think I can wait until they come out with a hardier version of the video iPod, I've heard things about the screen being too fragile).

Those both fit really well :yes:

On this note...does anyone know about how long a new iPod will take to cmoe out? cause I want to buy one, but I'll kick myself if a better one comes out a month later.

"My Mammy"
:wink:

I don't really know. All the other threads that have asked about this same question all end in 50 "Dream out Loud" posts. So I guess thats the most popular. But not very original if you ask me. It's like every U2 person who gets an iPod probably has that engraving on it hehehe. Pick something that is unique and makes you feel good. Even if it may be lame to someone else. "Dream Out Loud" may end up being just that or. Who knows maybe someone really would put "my mammy" on the back. :D

I think most of these work - or you can go to any jeweler and have them engrave the iPod (the last two are the ones I'm still debating on)

I can't change the world-But I can change the world in me
Oh love like a screaming flower
Boom cha
You want heaven in your heart
Midnight is where the day begins
You wanted violins and you got Nero
We move through miracle days
Don't expect-Suggest
You are the first one of your kind
So love is big, it's bigger than us
I'm nearly great but there's something missing
Just the bang and the clatter
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle
Your love was a lightbulb hanging over my bed
It's cold outside but brightly lit
Dawn changes everything
They don't know what you're doing - Babe, it must be art
Uncertainty can be a guiding light
Be the song that you hear in your head

"Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
YEAAAAAHHHHHH - Vertigo"
"Hoo-Hooo Hoo-Hooo Hoo-woo-hoo-oohoo -Bad"

Would those fit? :wink:

I would be shocked if someone put the whole "fish/bicycle" quote on their iPod :uhoh: I'm loving "Don't expect, suggest" :drool:

:larry: "I feel noom"

Headache in a Suitcase said:
"suck it, trebek"
HAHHAHAH shuck it, trebek!!!

actually, one time one of the clues in the 'Impersonations' category on Jeopardy was something about Sean Connery, and none of hte contestants knew the answer, so Alex went "HA! caught you!!" in his very own "sean-impersonating" voice. it was classic.
http://easilyimitated.ytmnd.com/

catlhere you have the best suggestsions EVERR! LOL HooHooHOooooo WHoooo could work for MANY songs, lol. In A Little While, Elevation, Bad, ....the list goes on ;]

Back
Top Bottom