What would you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gherman

New Yorker
What if something happend, just say, that we could no longer listen to U2. Say all of U2's music was gone forever. What you do? Would you go crazy?

Would U2's music have existed and was now removed? or had U2's music never existed? I think a lot of answers would differ based on which scenario it is.

I would wear tinted wraparound sunglasses and wonder why no one ever came up with this great style before. I'd be a pioneer.

How about, like in that episode of Futurama when Fry discovers that over the last 1,000 years Star Trek was banned, and now he's the only one who knows they exist and goes on a quest to bring them back :hmm:

I'd be fine. I've so much other music to listen to nowadays that I'd barely notice.

If it never existed, I'd probably have fallen in love with a different band in 8th grade and would be crazy about them instead. Maybe the Dave Matthews Band or Coldplay, since I was also listening to them at the time. If it suddenly ceased to exist for some reason, then I would probably be OK for a while, but I would get a terrible craving for it and eventually want it really bad, like a drug.

I don't quite get it. Do we know the songs used to exist? are they still in our heads? do bono, edge, adam, and larry exist as people? can we call them and be like "yo check it, you needz to bring back ur musix" or what?

the first thing I'd do regardless is wonder why the hell my iPod suddenly had so much free space

I fould build a time machine out of a Deloreon and go back in time and get Bono's mom and dad to go to the prom together.

Canadiens1160 said:
Probably drink and then masturbate and fall asleep naked on the couch.

So....pretty much just what you do now?

:wink:

I'd be just fine as I still have all my Kajagoogoo and Pseudo Echo albums. God, I am so happy to have both those bands' incredible back catalogs!

indra said:
Would U2's music have existed and was now removed? or had U2's music never existed? I think a lot of answers would differ based on which scenario it is.

Everything would be the same. You own all of their albums you have to day and then you wake up tomorrow and they are all gone. You have no way to ever listen to U2 again. Gone. No videos, no CD's, no MP3, nothing.

AtomicBono said:
I don't quite get it. Do we know the songs used to exist? are they still in our heads? do bono, edge, adam, and larry exist as people? can we call them and be like "yo check it, you needz to bring back ur musix" or what?

the first thing I'd do regardless is wonder why the hell my iPod suddenly had so much free space

Ya. all of your past experiences with U2 are still in your head but thats all you have left and they will slowly fade away.

gherman said:
Everything would be the same. You own all of their albums you have to day and then you wake up tomorrow and they are all gone. You have no way to ever listen to U2 again. Gone. No videos, no CD's, no MP3, nothing.

Thankfully, all the songs would still be stored in my brain, so I could sing them as often as I want. At top volume.

Back
Top Bottom