What will they play at the Grammys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They should do what Metallica did at some MTV award ( I think ). And play a different song than expected, and now their performance is cut out of every re-run of that show. Well the song Metallica played did have quite a few fucks in it.. Man, i would love that.... And now i am waking up from that dream.

They will play Vertigo and thats it... Ultraviolet would be cool

They'll play the Bullet then The Fly and the already mentioned 12 minute version of Bad

of course i could dream and they'd play exit or something, but heee. as i said makes sense to play veritgo and i'm not complaining either way :wink:

I find it interesting that even though Vertigo is not up for any of the major awards, it is the predominant song that plays on all of the commercials for the awards show..

It's pretty clear though that Vertigo will be the song played.

Will they only get to play one song? I imagine they would want to promote All Because Of You and try to kick it up the charts.

You don't think they'll be doing anything crazy like opening the show do you? Cause I have a meeting that night that will only be getting out at 8:00.

I would assume they won't, since it's not really a "U2 year."

They opened with Walk On last time I doubt they will open the show but one can never tell.

madonna's child said:
You don't think they'll be doing anything crazy like opening the show do you? Cause I have a meeting that night that will only be getting out at 8:00.

I would assume they won't, since it's not really a "U2 year."

Already been announced that <cough>Maroon 5<cough> are opening the show. However, I noticed in the Grammy commercial they list some of the artists there including U2 and add "and that's just in the first hour", so it's sounding like U2 will be early on. Bono's also going to be on that song to benefit tsunami victims, I think they will be doing that late in the show, if not last.

Pop Artist said:

Already been announced that <cough>Maroon 5<cough> are opening the show. However, I noticed in the Grammy commercial they list some of the artists there including U2 and add "and that's just in the first hour", so it's sounding like U2 will be early on. Bono's also going to be on that song to benefit tsunami victims, I think they will be doing that late in the show, if not last.
Ah, thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll make it back in time.

Back
Top Bottom