What was this song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superape

Babyface
Back in the flood of articles that came out upon the release of ALL THAT YOU CAN'T... I remember reading an interview with Bono about a song that he really liked but didn't fit the album. I recall he named it by title even and I think he described it as a dance song. Anyway he mentioned it would probably be put out as a b-side, which obviously didn't happen. And now it's not even a song to make on the Best Of as a left over (like Sweetest Thing).
Anyway, I thought I read it on CNN.com but couldn't find it in their archive.
Any of you guys remember this? What was the song?

By the way I did come across an artcile that I almost forgot about from the same time. It's about Mic Jagger and his daughter being dropped from the mix of Stuck in a Moment:

http://www.cnn.com/2000/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/26/wb.u2.reut/index.html

I forget which interview but he talked about a song called Levitate and I believe he described it as a Celtic Trance tune.

That was it! Thanks!

A Google search led me to the article by Rollingstone

"Comeback of the year" By Chris Heath

snippet:

They're all now glad they went ahead, and argue that, the guitar aside, "Beautiful Day is new ground for them, but Bono is still a little riled by the notion that "All That You Can't Leave Behind" sees U2 somehow turning back the clock. He says he wishes that they'd put a spaced-out Indo-Celtic trance tune called "Levitate" on the album : "It would have had people off the track of 'U2 return. U2 change gear on their tank.' It so annoys me, people saying we're going back to the roots. We never had any roots..." - Bono joke alert - "...this is our back to the roofs tour, because we're playing on roofs

Back
Top Bottom