What was the song that featured Larry on bass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foxxern

Refugee
I thought before ATYCLB came out that there were rumors that Larry would be playing bass on one of the songs. Apparently this song never made it on to the album, but can anyone remember which one it was? Maybe it'll show up as a future album track or b-side, who knows. I just think the idea of them playing each other's instruments sounds cool for some reason. We'd have to see just how posh Larry becomes if he goes along with it. And maybe if Adam takes up the drums, he'll also age in reverse!

------------------
Change is the only constant

If my memory serves me correctly, then I think this song was supposed to be Elevation.

------------------
In this Ozland

That's what I thought at first. But wasn't there also a song called Bulldozer? Maybe I've mixed the two up.

------------------

I'm confused....I thought it was just a rumor...but I heard(rumor)Larry played bass on Elevation....
He did play the opening bass line of Zooropa, right?

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
I'm confused....I thought it was just a rumor...but I heard(rumor)Larry played bass on Elevation....
He did play the opening bass line of Zooropa, right?

Perhaps it was supposed to be Elevation then. Guess it never happened.

Didn't know about Zooropa though!

------------------

wow. why would they have mullen play bass at the start of zooropa?

wasn't bulldozer the one that was his fave?

Originally posted by kobayashi:
wow. why would they have mullen play bass at the start of zooropa?

wasn't bulldozer the one that was his fave?

I read this in a book(but I can't remember which one...)
Larry was in the studio one night(Edge was there too)and they were messing around with the music which would become Zooropa...Larry came up with a basic bass line which they recorded and used in the final version. I heard he only is playing in the introduction(I think about the first 50 seconds).I'll go try to find what book it was...

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
I read this in a book(but I can't remember which one...)
Larry was in the studio one night(Edge was there too)and they were messing around with the music which would become Zooropa...Larry came up with a basic bass line which they recorded and used in the final version. I heard he only is playing in the introduction(I think about the first 50 seconds).I'll go try to find what book it was...

I'd believe that just by theway the bass line sounds. The beginning of Zooropa is more droning, though it fits with the tone of the song at that point. I think after the droning is over and it goes into this inexplicably beautiful bass line (1:13
smile.gif
) then it's all Adam.

------------------
Come on wisdom tooth, don't fail me now!

Back
Top Bottom