What was the moment...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well to put it in a rather coarse yet completely true manner I was hooked as soon as I knew the " guitar playing guy" was called The Edge,

My good friend has just entered this phase, frequently stating to all the fine young people he associates with that the Edge is the motherfucking the Edge:wink:

And the great lyrics and the amazing music have something to do with it aswell:wink:

Palace_Hero said:
Ah, oh well.

And poor you smurf_sita. Canberra. Awful weather, and you haven't even got beaches!

It snowed here a while ago..... thats about the highlight of the Canberra weather!! also yes we need to chant AUZZIE AUZZIE AUZZIE OI OI OI... btw Melbourne is an awesome city

My first U2 experience was the Beautiful Day video, and that convinced me that U2 was good enough so that I eventually bought ATYLCB, The Joshua Tree, and Best of 1980-1990. I wasn't really a super-fan by any stretch of the imagination, I was just aware that they existed for a long time and they had some good songs.

But 'the moment' for me was, when hearing that U2 had a new album coming out, I discovered Achtung Baby and listened to Ultraviolet and Acrobat. :drool: :drool: :drool: Those two songs blew my mind. I literally sat still for about an hour and a half, just playing those two songs over and over and over and over and over again.

After Atomic Bomb was released, I wanted to listen to more U2 but was a little nervous about looking through U2's 90s catalog because all the hype and publicity for ATYLCB and Atomic Bomb was that:

A) the 90s sucked
B) the 80s rocked
C) U2's back to basics! WOOOOOO!!!!

Listening to Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, however, was enough to convince to reach a little deeper, and when I found Discotheque, my love for U2 turned into an obsession. In my mind, that these previously high-minded and stoic people writing songs about love lifes and Martin Luther King and such could write a song so blatantly fun, was enough to get me to explore every bit of U2. That last minute of Discotheque with the falsetto aahhs and the Boom Chas! :love: Any band that could write both Where the Streets Have No Name and Discotheque deserves my love. :)

So that's where I am now. Much thanks to Beautiful Day, Ultraviolet, Acrobat, and Discotheque. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom