What Was the First U2 Album You Ever Brought?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine was The Joshua Tree.

I had heard "With or Without You" when Ross and Rachel *finally* hooked up on Friends, and I decided I needed to buy the CD. Not wanting to spend $17 on a CD that only had one good song on it (foolish girl!), I bought it used for $8. Turns out that was the best damn $8 I've ever spent!
smile.gif

ATYCLB
smile.gif
Well, actually, it was my mom who bought it for me for a present... but it was technically the first U2 album we owned.

------------------
-- Sara
the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind

d-fire.jpg

and I still love this album very much!

anna

------------------
...in the beginning...
rock'n'roll...
used to be dance music...

[This message has been edited by annalivia (edited 04-10-2002).]

[This message has been edited by annalivia (edited 04-10-2002).]

UNDER A BLOOD RED SKY: A great album to start off with because it contains many of their best songs from the first three albums in addition to showing the power of U2 Live!

Zooropa. But my first record containing a U2 song was the soundtrack to Batman Forever.

I bought Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, and ATYCLB all on the same day. (I also bought two other cds that day. Thank god for used cd stores!)

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

Under a Blood Red Sky-0N VINYL!!!! and I still have it!

WAR was my first on cassette. My dad bought it for me (I was like 9 years old).

Unforgettable Fire was my first U2 CD I bought when the CD age came around. I remember thinking, that UF would probably sound the best on CD and I would just keep all my other U2 albums on tape.

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

Zooropa...before then, I just listened to my brother's tapes (I didn't have any money when I was 13, lol). But I've still got U2 on vinyl that my parents bought in the 80s.

smile.gif

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Back
Top Bottom