What was in Bono's October Briefcase?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Ever wonder what actually was in that briefcase that Bono had "lifted" from him in Portland all those years ago?

Well, here appears to be some of the details:

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/...50.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

I think my favorite entry is Bono's Post-it note to Larry to tape "Dynasty"!

:lol:

I was also interested in Bono's notes to himself about U2's upcoming appearance on the "Tom Synder" show (and the "Tomorrow" reference) because it was U2's appearance on that show that turned me into a lifelong U2 follower.

And, of course, there is Bono's endearing entry of why he chose to stay in U2 rather to leave the group to pursue his spirituality alone. "In my defense, his name (Pope John Paul II) does combine the two most important Beatles."

:lmao:

God, we LOVE YOU, BONO - and don't worry, I have forgotten to return a few Blockbuster tapes myself!

GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING....:bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Unfortunately, when posting, there's no such thing as a sarcasm button. This stuff is clearly false.

Jamila said:
Ever wonder what actually was in that briefcase that Bono had "lifted" from him in Portland all those years ago?

Well, here appears to be some of the details:

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/...50.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

I think my favorite entry is Bono's Post-it note to Larry to tape "Dynasty"!

:lol:

I was also interested in Bono's notes to himself about U2's upcoming appearance on the "Tom Synder" show (and the "Tomorrow" reference) because it was U2's appearance on that show that turned me into a lifelong U2 follower.

And, of course, there is Bono's endearing entry of why he chose to stay in U2 rather to leave the group to pursue his spirituality alone. "In my defense, his name (Pope John Paul II) does combine the two most important Beatles."

:lmao:

God, we LOVE YOU, BONO - and don't worry, I have forgotten to return a few Blockbuster tapes myself!

false or not, it was still an entertaining read none the less

whackjester, how do you know it was false?

It was published in a reputable mainstream paper and I actually found it through another U2 fansite which is very reputable.

So, how would you know that this article contains false info? Were you one of the original thieves? :laugh:

Jamila said:
whackjester, how do you know it was false?

It was published in a reputable mainstream paper and I actually found it through another U2 fansite which is very reputable.

So, how would you know that this article contains false info? Were you one of the original thieves? :laugh:

Well the following line kind of lead me to believe it might be false:

"By using precision interview techniques on key witnesses to this event (hereafter referred to as ""people we've made up"), we've determined some of the case's contents included:"

But I might be reading too much into it :wink:

Lol, thanks for pointing this article out! Because it's hilarious. "Coldplay...Emotionally distant. And doesn't rhyme..." If you haven't seen it yet, Jamila, u2log.com has a description and PHOTOS of the original contents. It was normal stuff like Bono's hotel room receipts, letters from Ali, and proofs from a photo shoot. Several Northwest newspapers that interviewed Bono and the women reported on this too.

"A large medallion believed to be some sort of map to the Well of Lost Souls, and a bullwhip." The only thing missing is the Stetson...oh, wait, he still has that.
Seriously, some people took this seriously!??:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom