what version of HTDAAB to buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whackjester

Acrobat
Does anyone have actual confirmation of what is on the different releases of the new album.

I don't want to have to buy two of the same album to get everything.

Best case scenario is if the U.S. release of the limited edition (the one with the book,etc.) HTDAAB has the song fast cars on it. If not, that means I have to buy the import to get it, right? Also, is everything on the CD+DVD edition of the album included the the Limited edition set?

Yes, the cd dvd version is the same as the limited, except the limited ed. has the book. Neither of these have Fast Cars though... only the Japanese get that.

So yes, to get the entire experience you will have to buy two versions.

Yeah it sucks. I'm getting a regular version (plus several for gifts for friends) and the special edition with DVD and Book, and I'm just gonna download Fast Cars, because it's not cool that they aren't including it. I'll just make my own new disc of it.

I just pre-ordered the version with the DVD and book...as well as a Vertigo single.

I figured it may be difficult to find in stores around here. So when the album is released I will just buy the regular version in the store.

As far as Fast Cars I'm not sure what to do about that.....it's quite expensive to buy the japanese version, especially since I'm already buying the deluxe limited edition + regular version. I may just download it or something. Why can't it just be on the US version too? :mad:

I am sure iTunes will carry Fast Cars. You can buy it there for .99 and not feel guilty.

Not sure why the Japanese get so lucky all the time?! Nevertheless... I'll be getting the deluxe box without hesitation. Downloading Fast Cars from iTunes if/when it's available.

Probably because U2 owes them one for accidently saying "bomb hiroshima" during their Zoo TV concert. Not their fault. The words were just flashing randomly and happended to follow one another.

:wink:

I think amazon.ca has the UK import version of the collectors edition which includes "Fast Cars"

Back
Top Bottom