What U2 Things Have You Done That Might Have Been Cheesy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made t-shirts for my best friend & myself to wear at our Charlotte Elevation show. :reject: They said "Elevate Me!" and I know - they were terribly L-A-M-E.

I also took my old personalized license plate off my car ("BONO&CO."), cleaned it up & took it with me to the show....hoping it would get the band's attention. As if they haven't seen that before at a thousand other shows! Lame to umpteenth degree. :huh: Which equals double cheesy!!! :up: :D

I give the Joshua Tree to friends for their birthdays because I want them to feel as happy as I did when I first heard it. The album [to me] is of LIFE CHANGING QUALITIES. Perhaps not cheesy, but nice to others! :)

Plus, after we'd done celebrating the fact that we were two minutes into January 1st 2004 I went to my room and put on New Year's Day [full version of course...!]

Last edited:
blahblahblah said:
Plus, after we'd done celebrating the fact that we were two minutes into January 1st 2004 I went to my room and put on New Year's Day [full version of course...!]

I timed October --> New Year's Day from Red Rocks down to the second so that the opening notes of New Year's Day played at the stroke of midnight.

Every morning, my alarm clock goes off to the opening of "Streets." What an awesome thing to wake up to. :wink:

Moonlit_Angel said:
And I've made it a habit to ring in the new year by playing "New Year's Day", too.

Same here with me...now here is the funny part...or so I think...I usually blast this while I have Conan O'Brian on....New Year's Day mixed with Conan celebrating it at the stroke of Midnight for anyone who lives in the Central TimeZone....which includes me (since I live in Illinois)

Took a white T-shirt and ironed on a simple picture of a lemon. No text, no explanation, just a solitary lemon on a shirt. More "What the hell?" looks in one day wearing that than the rest of my life put together.

Axver said:

I timed October --> New Year's Day from Red Rocks down to the second so that the opening notes of New Year's Day played at the stroke of midnight.

Hahaha! I've always wanted to do that, not sure what song it was though...something amazing!

I once discovered this particular website with a U2-forum and it's got a blue background. From that moment on, I entered a parallel universe where I read on that forum a LOT, post now and then and listen to U2 more than ever.

:wink:

inmyplace13 said:
Took a white T-shirt and ironed on a simple picture of a lemon. No text, no explanation, just a solitary lemon on a shirt. More "What the hell?" looks in one day wearing that than the rest of my life put together.

I love it! :up:

And I've made it a habit to ring in the new year by playing "New Year's Day", too

Me too - Im a Jan 1 baby so it has always had special significance to me....

I also wore all of my U2 t-shirts to the 93 Zoo concert - 2 are now ripped quite badly but will never leave my possession!
I ended up so hot i had one hanging out of each pocket, one tied round my waist and 1 lent to the nearest young lady!

(I also have the corner of a wooden pallet that was misprinted - was spose to say 02 as in when the pallet was made but the top of the 0 was missing so it said U2 - and dont let anyone tell you that it doesnt!):coocoo:

I went on holiday last summer with a load of mates to Tenerife and was shopping and found a pack of chocolate biscuits called 'Bono' so i went back to our apartment, put on my sad excuse for Fly shades and had my picture taken with this pack of biscuits. needless to say my mates were pretty confused as to why i was having my picture taken with some biscuits.

they tasted foul as well lol

:up: to those who do the "New Year's Day" thing :).

oneflick said:
I also wore all of my U2 t-shirts to the 93 Zoo concert - 2 are now ripped quite badly but will never leave my possession!
I ended up so hot i had one hanging out of each pocket, one tied round my waist and 1 lent to the nearest young lady!

Haha, nice :D. inmyplace13, I like your shirt idea, too, and LOL about the weird looks. Now, if you were in a crowd of U2 fans, needless to say, you wouldn't have to worry about that :p. These kinds of things are like little inside jokes, aren't they?

Originally posted by oneflick
(I also have the corner of a wooden pallet that was misprinted - was spose to say 02 as in when the pallet was made but the top of the 0 was missing so it said U2 - and dont let anyone tell you that it doesnt!):coocoo:

LOL. Cool.

Originally posted by the soul waits
I once discovered this particular website with a U2-forum and it's got a blue background. From that moment on, I entered a parallel universe where I read on that forum a LOT, post now and then and listen to U2 more than ever.

:wink:

Haha :D.

Angela

I've listened to "The Joshua Tree" in Joshua Tree, AZ.

I've listened to "Heartland" while crossing the Mississippi.

I listened to "Zoo Station" in Germany.

All of this done deliberately, and with a smile as it made me happy...but it's dorky stuff, no doubt about it.

Also, for many years at work, had "U2 Fridays" on my CD player.

sometimes i change the lyrics of u2 songs to include my first name "ted." Well one boring night at work when i was working night shifts at a local gas station to save up some money i started singing pride thusly:

One ted come in the name of love
One ted come and go
One ted come he to justify
One ted to overthrow

In the name of ted
What more in the name of ted
In the name of ted

at this point a customer who i knew pretty well walked up and said "you know... the loud speaker is on and we can all hear you singing pride in the name of TED." I looked around and indeed everyone was looking at me with a gaze of bewilderment.

Moonlit_Angel said:
:up: to those who do the "New Year's Day" thing :).

:yes:

youtwohearts and I made shirts for the elevation shows that said all I want is peace, love and U2 :D

The_One1932 said:
sometimes i change the lyrics of u2 songs to include my first name "ted." Well one boring night at work when i was working night shifts at a local gas station to save up some money i started singing pride thusly:

One ted come and go
One ted to overthrow

In the name of ted
In the name of ted

at this point a customer who i knew pretty well walked up and said "you know... the loud speaker is on and we can all hear you singing pride in the name of TED." I looked around and indeed everyone was looking at me with a gaze of bewilderment.

This is fantastic, and, to be honest, I'm singing it in my head now.

Next up.....

"You, you were acting like it was the End of the Ted......"

The_One1932 said:

One ted come and go
One ted to overthrow

In the name of ted
In the name of ted

HA HA HA!!! That is hilarious!

:giggle: pride (in the name of ted)

i've slid down the hill edge slides down during heartland on rattle and hum. :love: that was the first thing i did when we moved to memphis and went downtown for the first time.

I am so proud to be amongst such a bunch of losers! :wink:

The_One1932 said:

One ted come and go
One ted to overthrow

In the name of ted
In the name of ted

:bow: :applaud:

I created a pillow in the shape and image of the Elevation suitcase so I could put all my U2 pins from time immemorial on it. [They had previuosly been pinned onto the inside roof of my car until one fell off and I panicked.]

I had a Ken doll dressed up to look like Adam - in the sarong no less. Doll has now been 'donated' to a friends child once she found it in my closet.

I also ring in the New Year with New Years Day - audio if video is not available. [I have MTV to thank for this - they did that in 85/86 during my massive senior year new years party and I've never stopped.]

I made magnets for my car that said things like, "I'd rather be at a U2 concert" and put them on my car when I drove to Elevation shows.

M <----- this is why blue crack is my homepage

If the question is WHAT HAS U2 done that might have been cheesy....my answer...

The Entire Pop Tour Non-Sense

o The Village People Costumes

o The Arches

o The Lemon

o Bono's shirt...

The whole thing was right out of Gay Pride week in West Hollywood.... not that there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited:
etc etc

That is Pure GOLD!

With or Without Ted
Mysterious Teds
Under A Blood Red Ted
Stories For Ted
The Unforgettable Ted
How To Dismantle An Atomic Ted
Sometimes You Cant Make It On Your Own (YOU NEED TED!)

Sorry, couldnt help myself - very funny stuff!
Sing It People!

:combust:

Back
Top Bottom