What U2 songs are done better live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My parents hated "Discotheque", but when they heard it live on PopMart and Elevation, they said it wasn't as bad.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

every "One" I heared a live version of was way better then the studio version...
and that is saying A LOT, because the studio version is pretty freak'n emotional
biggrin.gif

New York. Didn't care for it at all until I first heard it live. Now I can't get enough of it.

The Fly was always a great tune, but done really well on this past tour.

Sweetest Thing. I thought they took a classic b-side and made it WORSE (on the Best Of.. album), until I heard it live.

The best song they've ever done live is Gone on this past tour. Again, like The Fly, was always a great tune, but I really lose myself when they play this live.

I think Charlie"s Angel hit it right on the head though. They can take an average studio track and just give it amazing life when they perform it live. Pop was a great example of that, and, believe it or not, Actung baby. Listening to U2 for 10 years before Actung Baby came out, that was a HUGE sound difference at the time, and I had to listen to that album a bunch of times before I accepted it. Then, of course, Zoo Tv came along and they played practically every song off of it, and I fell in love with the album.

my two cents
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by muh2o (edited 01-30-2002).]

I would have to agree with Bad. The studio version of that song kills me. I can't even listen to it which is odd since it is SO incredible live

------------------
"And when it's raining,
raining hard, that's when the rain will break my heart."

virtually everything besides do you feel loved.
that being said dyfl should be good live but it isn't.

------------------
november 12th 1955

I think the real question here should be which songs don't sound better live. I mean, I think the fast majority do.

Most definately...

The Fly
UTEOTW
Bad
New York

And to answer Ody's question... off the top of my head, I prefer the studio version of 'Ultra Violet' better than their live version.

Elevation
Please
Bad
Bullet the Blue Sky
WTSHNN (When done after PLease a la Popmart)
Kite
The Fly
Pride
When Love Coems to Town
One Tree Hill
October
Even Better than the Real

Basically everything except with or without you

------------------
Watch More TV, ITs your world you can change it, taste is the enemy of art, Every thing you know if wrong, mock the devil, and he will flee from thee
www.geocities.com/nshaikspike/evil.html

WOWY looks really cool live with the star charts, but the Fernandes sustainer guitar and the Ebow that the Edge has used live don't sound nearly as good as the Infinite Guitar on the studio version.

The Fly on this tour totally rocked (I was just thinking the other day how that song just rocks in general!)
Mysterious Ways was exceptional this tour also

Generally I like studio versions better than live on bootlegs, but if you're actually there, nothing beats U2! (When are they touring again?!?)

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

Back
Top Bottom