What U2 song makes you stop what you are doing and leave Planet Earth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what a bomb!

Refugee
...if it comes on the radio,jukebox or at home on the stereo that certain song that locks out all your thoughts, you are oblivious to your surroundings and people around you?

Now I'm not saying this is my all time fave (its close!) as there are just too many, but the one that makes me leave planet earth momentarily has to be.... Bad
(as well as WOWY,One, Pride, Stay, Kite, gah...now I'm defeating the objective here!)

Wots yours?

it really depends on my mood, but I'd have to say Stay & Kite do most often

I think every song of theirs has at one time or another

:drool:Stay (Faraway, So Close) makes me wander to and unmarked place. Everytime I hear it I feel like it's just me and a wonderful angel carrying me away. *sigh* :angel:

Definitely WOWY. I was eating dinner with my mom and dad in a restaurant a few months ago and WOWY started playing over the sound system. I didn't hear a word of my parents' conversation until the song was over. That song is simply too beautiful and haunting to be treated as mere background noise.

One...

A couple years ago some friends and I were riding in my friend's van, and it came on the radio. We got to his house and he had to get out to get something. The rest of us stayed in the car, and I practically YELLED at him to keep the radio on and just started singing along, which is weird for me because I don't usually like to sing in front of people.

at home - the fly (elevation live) or streets

in the car, I'll freak out to here anything U2. especially Streets, Mysterious Ways, or WGRYWH. One day when I was driving, I actually heard New Year's Day on the radio. I almost drove off the road I was so excited. :D

madonna's child said:
at home - the fly (elevation live) or streets

in the car, I'll freak out to here anything U2. especially Streets, Mysterious Ways, or WGRYWH. One day when I was driving, I actually heard New Year's Day on the radio. I almost drove off the road I was so excited. :D

:yes: I do that sort of thing too. I don't listen to the radio much, but when I do and they play U2, I totally freak out!

Yeah, for me its any U2 song really! I'm in a pub with mates and U2 comes on the jukebox and the pub is suddenly a arena of tens of thousands of people and U2 are giving it their everything on the stage!

Then the song is over, BUMP! I drain my glass, then up to the bar to buy another!

Ah bliss.....

Hmm, if I picked just one it would be Where The Streets Have No Name. Something about that song it just on another level, like it makes you stop everything you're doing to listen to it. Great stuff.

While in a car on the interstate with one of my U2-crazed friends, WOWY came on the 80s station and we were so thrilled we missed our exit. True story.

Well, for me...

definitely "With Or Without You"-that song comes on, I just lean back, relax, close my eyes (I like closing my eyes while singing during the quiet part of the song, I think it adds to the song's intensity), and I am gone, singing along to the song and not really noticing anything else or anyone else around me.

"Mysterious Ways", "Angel Of Harlem", and "Elevation" are like that, too-I'm so busy rocking out to those songs and singing my little heart out along with the song that I don't pay much attention to anything around me.

"If God Will Send His Angels", "All I Want Is You", their version of "I Can't Help Falling In Love" and "Stay (Faraway So Close)" also put me in a trance.

So there's a few that make my mind take about a five minute vacation. :).

Angela

Haha...

wertsie said:
:yes: I do that sort of thing too. I don't listen to the radio much, but when I do and they play U2, I totally freak out!

I know what you mean. Anytime I listen to the radio, or I'm watching videos on T.V., if U2 comes on, I get a big grin on my face.

Does anyone else get ticked if someone even attempts to change the station or channel if U2 comes on?

Angela

Back
Top Bottom