What U2 song do you listen to when you're all pissed off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like to listen to Pop (especially Mofo), because it perpetuates the mood and makes me even more angry, and then I realize how stupid it is to be so angry, so I eventually cool off.

Have to agree with the other posters about other bands being better for this mood.
Lately, I've enjoyed TOOL, A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails, punk rock, and others of that ilk to cover the therapy sessions.
And with that said, it's likely obvious that POP is best if U2 is needed at those times. Then, I'd have to say October and War are also so visceral. Edge really had it going on with those records.
Anu

Mofo certainly works when nothing works for me.

Gone works for girls behaving silly.

Zootlesque said:
Acrobat, of course!

Don't let the :censored: grind you down!

I'm glad we have the same opinion as usual :wink: Acrobat has sort of become my theme song as of late. Whatever sort of anger or angst I'm feeling flows into the swirling guitar and the cutting drums (can we say, best Larry song ever? pretty fucking impressive at least) and the attacking bass and of course the vocals. The lyrics sure make a lot of sense in my life right now.

The whole Achtung trilogy is good actually, though with Love is Blindness I tend to go with the live versions. Same goes for Exit and Bullet (ZooTV ya'll!) And of course, the album that never fails me, Pop. The screaming guitar of Mofo and siren of Gone are especially fitting, as other people have mentioned.

Rafiennes said:
The WAR album - start to finish

Rafiennes, I'm surprised no one else has seconded you yet!

Let me be the first----War, straight through, baby! :rockon:

Depends on why I'm pissed is usually a choice between:- With or without you or One(for a good cry!), Beautiful Day or Vertigo (always puts a smile on my face), Stay or Walk on (puts into perpective all of my minor problems).:wink:

Back
Top Bottom