What U2 Needs II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zootlesque said:

Is he banned now? Do you know?

:gossip:

I personally hope not, because if he remains unbanned he is a benchmark. Because I have been rubbing people up the wrong way for a week or so but nothing as bad as him.

But in answer to your question, I don't know. :wink:

Edit: I have to say StlElevation's comments to other members in this thread have been far more offensive than my images. Infact his posts have been downright insulting.

Last edited:
Palace_Hero said:
I personally hope not, because if he remains unbanned he is a benchmark. Because I have been rubbing people up the wrong way for a week or so but nothing as bad as him.

But in answer to your question, I don't know. :wink:

No, he rubbed one person the wrong way. You do it to a whole bunch of people. :wink:

financeguy said:

No, he rubbed one person the wrong way. You do it to a whole bunch of people. :wink:

Ah but he was far more insulting and used some fould language.

I rub people up the wrong way because they don't share a more subtle and cynical humor as me. Right now I'll tell you I will have people on my back for calling Indian's scum (in another thread).

Little do they know I am anglo Indian, but that wont stop people who have never even thought about India for ten seconds in their life from becoming 'offended'.

Palace_Hero said:
Little do they know I am anglo Indian, but that wont stop people who have never even thought about India for ten seconds in their life from becoming 'offended'.

You're genuinely Anglo-Indian? Well if you are, then I find your utter and complete disdain for political correctness somewhat amusing, but also find it hard to credit.

Last edited:
But what point are you trying to make by saying things like Indian scum when you, yourself are of Indian origin? :eyebrow:

I'm from Madras/Chennai but living in the US.

Palace_Hero said:
But in the same way I felt Jick should never have been banned, I am just bing myself and don't feel I should be at fault for it (if I fuck up I admit it).

I also felt that Jick should not have been banned. I am also fed up to the back-teeth with some of the fucking Nazi-like and downright hypocritical and little miss perfect fucking moderatorship on here.

Like in another threads, when I was trying to cool down a situation, all I get is fucking backbiting and in one case a banning threat from moderators.

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
But what point are you trying to make by saying things like Indian scum when you, yourself are of Indian origin? :eyebrow:

I'm from Madras/Chennai but living in the US.

Not completely of Indian origin, I am Anglo-Indian ao there is alot of Irish/British mixed in. But that changes little, my dad's side of the family still holds alot of Indian attributes, if not traditions.

And my point is - there is no point. It is a random silly comment meant to be juxtapose against the comment 'anyone can read this thread' and then single out one country.

I honestly think the amphasis placed on political correctness these days enhances racial and social divide. I know for a fact one of my best mates, who is black, takes alot of racial banter on the chin and gives it back. It makes us feel more equal if we are comfortable to say 'you're a black bastard' or something to that effect. There are of course boundaries, but buy emphasising racial taboo, you increase the offence.

financeguy said:

I also felt that Jick should not have been banned. I am also fed up with some of the fucking Nazi-like and downright hypocritical and little miss perfect fucking moderatorship on here.

Like in another threads, when I was trying to cool down a situation, all I get is fucking backbiting and in one case a banning threat from moderators.

I noticed. Whilst I disagreed with basically EVERYTHING Jick ever said, he did it with style and wit that I respected.

The problem was alot of his opposition didn't understand his deadpan humor.

Edit: financeguy I'm not antartic, but does anyone actually live there?

Last edited:
Palace_Hero said:

I noticed. Whilst I disagreed with basically EVERYTHING Jick ever said, he did it with style and wit that I respected.

The problem was alot of his opposition didn't understand his deadpan humor.

Edit: financeguy I'm not antartic, but does anyone actually live there?

good point, just a few explorers I guess!

Anyway have you seen my new poll?? :ohmy:

finance guy, why don't you just email the mods personally. Posting polls attracts too much negative attention, IMHO.

:shrug:

namkcuR said:

P.S. Please don't close this. I think I've been rather respectful in what I've said.

Yes you were respectful and I'm sorry, this one's done.

Please do feel free to contact me at the email addy in my sig if you have an issue with this, thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom