What U2 CD have you been listening lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last actual U2 CD I listened to was the new Best Of. I listen to live stuff I have downloaded, which is a lot these days. Live U2 keeps me too busy right now to listen to the real CD's. But Achtung Baby is never far from my reach!

I did make an all 80's U2 mix the other day that's in my car. Love it!

After listening to Greatest Hits 1980-1990 for so long I can hear both sides at once (ok, that was a lame old LP joke that really doesn't work anymore :p), I've switched to Greatest Hits 1990-2000, which I've been listening to for the past week. I usually keep 1980-90, 1990-2000, and Joshua Tree in my car.

Wide Awake In America, the Electrical Strom single, I listened to Pop in the car and War in my room. I hit picked from Pop and Achtung Baby the other day and had a singsong, me and the band:) they're good eh?
the sweetest thing came on the radio a couple of days ago and I got hub to agree, Bono is a very very very good singer. Just to confirm that fact...
but he is, so talented, my favourite by far.
But just this weekend, U2 have to move aside for Norah Jones. But they are the band I always return to. Gosh they have a magnificent body of work, such unique variety, something for everyone.
Bravo
What CD?...I think this week ATYCLB

Funny you should ask. I've been hooked on a bootleg for about a week now."An Electric Co on Stage"
December 6th, 1982.:huh:

I have been more focused on War of late..was the first album I ever listened to long into the Nineties and one I have neglected of late..I'd forgotten how addictive Seconds could be

Saracene said:
"Wide Awake in America", cause I just can't get enough of "Bad" live.

I can relate. I have a copy of Bad, "Live from Rotterdam". It's amazing. You should find yourself a copy.

Oh, and speaking of Bad, I have a copy of a Bad video (live version) and the bass player is definitely not Adam. Very strange. Perhaps he was ill?

cydewaze said:
After listening to Greatest Hits 1980-1990 for so long I can hear both sides at once (ok, that was a lame old LP joke that really doesn't work anymore :p), I've switched to Greatest Hits 1990-2000, which I've been listening to for the past week. I usually keep 1980-90, 1990-2000, and Joshua Tree in my car.
Heh, I don't think I've ever listened to the Best of 1990-2000 all the way through, even though I bought it the day it was released. I guess compilations aren't my thing.

:| I haven't really been listening to U2. Last week when I was at my parents, dad put on ATYCLB... other than that, i have probably been listening to the latest Best of... more than any other U2 album.
You guys have inspired me now, to put in some 80's U2. I always seem to grab Pop...

Michael Griffiths said:
Strangely enough, ATYCLB. I say strangely because I haven't listened to it in a long while, but I'm once again discovering how this album was made for certain periods in your life when you need to move on from loss. I'm in one of those periods right now, and once again, ATYCLB has helped me so much. Every song seems to springboard from the previous one in a way that sends you higher and further out of yourself and back into the world.

It's funny you should say this, but exactly the same thing happened with me when my mum died, which wasn't long after the album had come out. That said, I do find parts of it a bit awkward to listen to nowadays (the last few songs) and I haven't listened to it in a while.

I usually listen to Pop most, although I did put War on the other day.

Salome Outtakes has been my cd of the last 2 weeks.
I put my favorites from cd1 and 2 onto 1 cd.
I only have "Don't let the TearDrops get you down" (Acrobat) from the 3rd cd.
I haven't found the rest of it on the net yet.

Back
Top Bottom