What U2 album would you recomend for Valentines night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Screw an album, put the video on! Esp. if they end with 'one', that usually gets the girlies in da mood
wink.gif

Hmmm....something about "we hurt each other than we do it again" and "I can't be holding on to what you got when all you got is hurt" just doesn't seem to be the right moodsetter for getting *romantic*.
smile.gif

I'd choose AB - but I'm not really into Valentines that much and my man isn't really a huge huge U2 fan, so most likely we'll just end up watching Bridget Jones's Diary again and drinking cocktails and playing with our cats.
biggrin.gif

Well thank you everybody for your suggestins..We ended making love to the Zooropa album.

and YES BABY it was a good night
wink.gif

THANK YOU ALL

------------------
Blood Group...U2 POSITIVE

OK OK I know I am getting all soppy in my old age lol

I have all U2 albums and my evening would not be complete without playing an album whilst with the man in my life!

If you were in my postition what album would you play?

------------------
Blood Group...U2 POSITIVE

Let me throw in a twist.

I suggest Passengers. If you want to get *romantic* it is a great disk to get *romantic* with...

Happy Valentines Day

Ouizy

Damn, I was about to put UF/Zooropa/Passengers before you replied.
The ethereal sounds are just perfect for creating a romantic atmosphere. Plus a lot of the ambience and atmospherics used on Zooropa and Passengers in particular are for songs concerning love.

The main examples are:
The First Time & The Wanderer - both love songs
Slug, Your Blue Room and Beach Sequence are all about incidents about love while Plot 180 is about a sex scene.

ATYCLB also deserves a mention. It could be played for a romantic evening in as a lot of its songs are about love - e.g.Elevation, Walk On, Kite, Wild Honey and The Ground Beneath Her Feet. The main one, and possibly U2's best love song ever is In A Little While.

If, however, you are like me, miserable and angry about love then you're best listening to Achtung Baby or Pop which both deal with love in crisis. The main examples are One, UTEOTW, WGRYWH, So Cruel (the main one), The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Love is Blindness, Do You Feel Loved?.

Then again, Pop does have one song on it that would set the atmosphere for a romantic evening in, If You Wear That Velvet Dress. I find that that song bears most influence from the preceding Passengers project. It is almost like Plot 180 but with lyrics and a melody and song structure.

Back
Top Bottom