What Sweetest Thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i_love_adam

War Child
Hi! I have the Sweetest thing on my tracklist for the albumThe Best of 1980-1990 . But when I see the ST video, I recognise a Pop Adam and a Pop Bono!!! How is this? Did they shoot the vid for ST a decade after the release of the song?

i_love_adam said:
Hi! I have the Sweetest thing on my tracklist for the albumThe Best of 1980-1990 . But when I see the ST video, I recognise a Pop Adam and a Pop Bono!!! How is this? Did they shoot the vid for ST a decade after the release of the song?

Yes video was shot in 98. This is a different version to the original.

FYI

It was re-released as an A-side single to co-incide with the release of the Best-of Album.

(Originally it was a B Side)

The original version sounds like crap, especially with Bono doing the background vocals ("OHOHOHO, THAAA SWEEETEST THANG!!")

The Best Of version is much more polished and finished.

i_love_adam said:
Did they shoot the vid for ST a decade after the release of the song?

Yes. Bono originally wrote the song in the 80s after forgetting Ali's birthday. Then in the late 90s they shot the video for the single so that all the proceeds when to something Ali was working on (probably the Chernobyl Childrens Project).

Y2K said:
The original version sounds like crap, especially with Bono doing the background vocals ("OHOHOHO, THAAA SWEEETEST THANG!!")

The Best Of version is much more polished and finished.

Same here

Pop Adam :drool:

Back
Top Bottom