what song would you sing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flowerchildH

The Fly
so i'm a senior in high school, and i've been working on my college applications. i'm applying to NYU for political science, and one of the questions on the supplement application is, "You have been selected to sing in a talent show. What song would you sing and why?" i know that i would sing a U2 song, just because the music is more thought-provoking and meaningful than other stuff out there, but i dont know what. i mean, would it be wierd to awnser that question by saying beautiful day by u2 because it was the first song that i heard by them and it opened my up to the world of music? or should i say something more meaningful and deep, like Original of the Species, or would that be lame too?!? i have no idea! what do you all think? what song would you sing?

If you can pinpoint the one song that not only introduced you to the band but also opened your world up to music in general, that's pretty powerful and could make for a pretty powerful answer...

Echoing BVS - whatever song means the most to you, because then you have something to talk about in the essay, rather than just "song x, because it RAWKS!" :wink:

Sunday Bloody Sunday, cause that's probably the only song of them I CAN sing without hurting ears/breaking glass... :rockon: and I could play guitar with it too...

It depends for me if I have a full band or not.

If it's a full band, we're doing the Vertigo version of Kite or Until the End of the World.

If it's just me and an acoustic guitar, I'm playing Walk On.

flowerchildH said:
i mean, would it be wierd to awnser that question by saying beautiful day by u2 because it was the first song that i heard by them and it opened my up to the world of music?

That's not weird! I'd say listen to your gut, and go with what moves you. U2 and political science go hand-in-hand, to some degree. (Unintentional pun!) :wink:

Good luck. :up:

WinnieThePoo said:
go for a medley , it goes something like this .....
Your Blue Room /Stateless/New York/Miami/11 O'clock Tick Tock

was there ever a medley of this performed live? because it sounds fantastic.

im a senior too this year.
majoring in poli science :up: and music industry good luck getting into NYU
and---- i still havent found what im looking for

Back
Top Bottom