what song is the worst?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Come Crawling said:
The Unforgettable Fire, Red Minning Hill Town, Where The Street has no Name, Beautifull Day, New Year?s Day , Bad,Pride , A Day Without Me, Gloria

gloria's the greatest song ever written my friend...

leave miami alone!

its amazing, its like a 90's version of promenade, the lyrics arent dumb they are clever...

MIAMI MY MAMMY! WHat a line

One of the great u2 2-liners:

There are some places like your auntie
But no place like miami

phommel said:
Yeah I agree. Yak, it's awful!!! And I don't like 'The hands that built America' either. 1) It's just not good and 2) I hate patriotism (especially American)

How is it patriotism? U2's Irish, not American, so I'm not sure what you're getting at ...

Axver said:

How is it patriotism? U2's Irish, not American, so I'm not sure what you're getting at ...

thank you Axver.
if you think 'hands that built america' is "American patriotism" you need to listen a little more closely.

And hey, put down that broad brush you're painting with for a moment there, or you're just as bad as the Americans you're putting down. :madspit:

I never, EVER listen to "Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World". But a close second would be "Love Rescue Me"; unlistenable. A close third would be "The Sweetest Thing".

wolfeden said:

thank you Axver.
if you think 'hands that built america' is "American patriotism" you need to listen a little more closely.

Exactly. It's about Irish immigrants working in NYC in the 1800's. Watch that movie and when you see and hear how the song works at the end, you'll appreciate it.

And hey, put down that broad brush you're painting with for a moment there, or you're just as bad as the Americans you're putting down. :madspit:

Please don't paint all Americans with one brush either:(

Last edited:
I think it's OK not to like every song. Personally, I skip if god will send his angels, stuck in a moment, grace and a few other ones...

But I wonder which songs they hate? Does Bono hate Gloria?

I've gone through this thread from the start and am now going to add my two cents.

IMO, Love Rescue Me is a beautiful song, one of the best from R&H and Miami is very listenable to - a real rocker! I would agree with not really liking Red Light, The Refugee and The Playboy Mansion. But Zooropa is a great album with a real ambiance and Some Days Are Better Than Others and Dirty Day are really deep and meaningul ("If you need someone to blame, throw a rock in the air, you'll hit someone guilty" - poetry!!) Oh and Zooropa itself is top notch too.

I guess everyone has different opinions though!

Back
Top Bottom