What song can't you stand, but others do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All Because of You
Elevation
Miracle Drug
Desire
Sweetest Thing
VERTIGO :|

Canadiens1160 said:
Any song Axver holds in super-high regard :wink:

OMG 1 IS TEH BESTEST SUNG EVAH!!1!!1!1111!!1111 <-- 1s 4 TEH 1

Now get with the One hating.

All Because of You
When Love Comes to Town
Love Rescue Me
Angel of Harlem
In A Little While
Wake Up Dead Man
Elvis Presley & America
Like A Song
Two Hearts Beat as One
An Cat Dubh
Shadows and Tall Trees
Babyface

One
Walk On
The First Time
Stuck In A Moment
So Cruel
Bullet
Please
If God Will Send His Angels

Depending on my mood, I can usually get into and enjoy any U2 song...exept The Playboy Mansion, Fire, and I Threw a Brick. Also the b-sides Boomerang 1/2 both suck so much, and sounded outdated the minute they were recorded.

But since this thread is about songs that I can't stand but OTHERS like, I'll go with When Love Comes to Town. :shrug:

Lemon
In A Little While
Stuck
Daddy's Gonna Pay..
Wake Up Dead Man
Peace On Earth
I Still Havent Found What Im Looking For
Angel Of Harlem
When Love Comest To Town
The Wanderer
So Cruel
Mysterious Ways
Numb

Last edited:
I think this thread has turned into "Songs that You Don't Like. Period" :eyebrow:

The original post was intended for "Songs that You Don't Like but the others do" instead :shrug:

From this perspective, my top 10 list is:

1- Sometimes You Can't Make It: Most overrated pap of HTDAAB. Boring as hell, cheesy, cliché and disgusting.

2- Beautiful Day: Probably, most overrated U2 song ever.

3- Vertigo: iPod s***. nuff said

4- Elevation: While album version isn't that bad (talking about music, because lyrics are just nonsense bulls***), single and live versions stinks. Worst Edge guitar chords used for a song.

5- The Hands That Built America: That silly cliché about "Bono singing the opera" is annoying as hell. This is one of their top 10 most boring songs ever. Literally, a song just for Grammies.

6- In A Little While: What's the point with this tune?. Bono sound like a drunk pretending to sing. Shameful to say the least.

7- When Love Comes To Town: A collaboration with a legend is not the reason alone that make a great song. This is the proof of that. Also Love Rescue me is another example.

8- Sweetest Thing: Before best of 1980-1990, was simply an unknown crappy filler. Despite the single version of 1998 is a way better than the half-worked 1987 crap, it still stinks and it's one of the most cheesy U2 songs.

9 -A Man And A Woman: Listening to this song is a painful and disgusting experience. It makes you feel the need for a visit to the doctor to check your throat!. It's really annoying when Bono pretends to be "emotional" by singing in such unforgivable rough, raspy and strained voice.

10- Wild Honey: a fake "nice" song, but it screams FILLER all the way. A Beatles' Two Of Us rip off that rank among the worst U2 compositions ever.

Bonus Track: All Best of 1990-2000 "new mixes"

If you can't stand 10 songs, what's the fuckin' point really?
I can stand them all! That doesn't make me uncool or something.

i used to hate One, i thought it was so hideously over-rated.
and then one day i was listening to AB and bang, i just got it.
i suddenly saw what everyone else did.
i remember that moment exactly - where i was, what time of day it was, what the weather was like, everything.
probably the only real epiphany i've ever had :lol:

as for other songs... i can't stand the wanderer. it annoys me that i can't just put zooropa on and leave it to play to the end because i have to get up and stop it when that comes on.

and i don't like "when love comes to town" either, i couldn't tell you why, it should be a good song but it just grates me.

i never liked elevation when it came out but i do enjoy it live, hands that built america just makes me feel ill nand i could really take or leave Pride and Still Haven't Found
i think its because, as someone pointed out earlier, they're ALWAYS on the radio.
Whenever they play U2 its either of those or All I Want Is You to a lesser degree - radio stations seem to have forgotten the other 400 songs they wrote

Top 2 songs I cant stand that other people seem to like would be:

1. Staring at the Sun (Ive tried to like this for 10 years, but just cant. I will admit that the new mix from best of 1990 to 2000 is listenable)

2. Miracle Drug (Yuck)

Having said that, for me these are still better than 90% of whats on the radio.. a testament to just how good u2 are

Anyone who said New York, Please or Miami, please head to Processing Plant A for recycling.

Wow how did I miss bashing Lemon in this thread?

Lemon sucks

Back
Top Bottom