What song by U2 do u think is their best live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erper

The Fly
garden grove, ca, usa, Earth, Sol, milkyway, clust
personally i think its Streets...
no other song infuses or infects the crowd with so much jubilee.. especially with the light show they had for this Elevation tour that goes along with Streets.. everyone goes wild its just awesome... brings a tear for the memory of it =)

Hearing them play "One" live (which is my favorite song, btw) always makes me cry buckets...and I HATE HATE HATE crying in front of people!!!

I get excited whenever they play "New Years Day" live because I love Edge's "helicoptering."

And then there's "One Tree Hill" and "Until the End of the World." ah, yes!

Others...
"Please"
"11 O'Clock Tick Tock"
"Mofo"

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

I have another (I know you said pick one but I can't! It's U2!).

Sunday Bloody Sunday (particularly Edge's acoustic version during Popmart)

------------------

Streets. No other song gets the crowd going for any concert or any band like this one.

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

i still say wowoy. streets is great. love is blindness live is incredible, and the full band version of 40 is still the best way to end a concert.

jp

All the obvious ones will be picked, but I'd like to profess my love for the overlooked live version of Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World. Also, any live version of Running To Stand Still is amazing, especially the Zooropa version with the segue into Streets.

Originally posted by erper:
personally i think its Streets...
no other song infuses or infects the crowd with so much jubilee.. especially with the light show they had for this Elevation tour that goes along with Streets.. everyone goes wild its just awesome... brings a tear for the memory of it =)

Streets
11 O Clock
I Will Follow
Bad.
NYD

Diamond

I Will Follow (for me personally)

Streets (for the majority of the crowd)

anna

------------------
...in the beginning...
rock'n'roll...
used to be dance music...

Originally posted by typhoon:
All the obvious ones will be picked, but I'd like to profess my love for the overlooked live version of Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World. Also, any live version of Running To Stand Still is amazing, especially the Zooropa version with the segue into Streets.

Yeah, that is the great! Very powerful.

------------------

Above all......I'd have to go for...

SLUG

Ok.....seriously now....

Love is Blindness

Cause it just goes off! Bono's voice is so powerful, and from all the versions I've heard, they're all different.

In a close second place is

THE FLY

Bless ya!
WHYWHY.

It's a tie between Gone and Elevation

I still get goosebumps listening to Elevation, and Gone takes me to a completely different place. I love those songs live.

The best is Streets. Other favourites of mine include One, The Fly (Elevation), Bad, 40, One Tree Hill, Elevation, and Walk On with the Halellujah's tacked on.

[This message has been edited by The Blunt Edge (edited 04-05-2002).]

like others have said...Streets always gets the crowd jumping.....always gives me goose bumps also.

Pride, Bad, and Streets. Once they did Unforgettable Fire, and it was so wonderful it gave goosebumps, and wish they would do it again. I wish they'd dump Bullet the Blue Sky for a while, and add Unforgettable Fire, and more songs off that album.

"Gloria" on "Under A Blood Red Sky"
Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! etc.

Do we have to pick just one LOL?
Sounds like a mission impossible to me...

The classics i guess would be Bad/Streets/WOWY/One. Those never seem to fail.

Personally, my faves would be Streets for energy, MW for the funkyness of it (if nothing else, the 2nd solo is just unreal), One/Bad for emotions, Stuck/In a little while for a special vibe and WOWY for mesmerizing beauty.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 04-07-2002).]

One that i would like to add is "Mofo." It was such an exciting start to the Popmart shows for me. It really got the crowd going!

------------------

Back
Top Bottom