What should/would the NEW album sound like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the album should sound like 'no mercy'...:sexywink: and contains the cover version of nils lofgren 'no mercy' :lol:

jacobus said:
the album should sound like 'no mercy'...:sexywink: and contains the cover version of nils lofgren 'no mercy' :lol:

I would have to gouge my own eyes out with a wooden spoon if that happened

My guess (and hope):

We're gonna get more killer guitar. Edge has been talking about how he's fallen in love with guitar all over again, and I don't think he got to blast away with HTDAAB as much as he's feeling it right now.
:dance:

I think new album would sound like a combination of Boy era and ATYCLB & HTDAAB era, why I think that, 'cause they've shown us during Vertigo that they wanna go beck to the roots, to where all started. On the other hand, they'll probably continue with the HTDAAB sound and some great guitar solos

Utoo said:
My guess (and hope):

We're gonna get more killer guitar. Edge has been talking about how he's fallen in love with guitar all over again, and I don't think he got to blast away with HTDAAB as much as he's feeling it right now.
:dance:

I totally agree!!! O man I would love to have an album where the Egde is just allowed to go crazy without boundaries!!!:drool:

I heard it's going to be a 63 minute rock opera with the keyboards from Bad on repeat and Bono improvising most of the lyrics like he did with Elvis Presley and America.
Like Tommy, there will be guest appearances all over the place, with Sting, Dave Grohl, Billie Joe Armstrong, and oddly enough, Steve Perry taking part.
The Edge will play a 13 string guitar but use only the highest string. The bottom strings, though never used, will be in Drop D tuning. That way, it can be called a metal album.
Halfway through the sessions, Adam will throw his cigarette to the ground and piss on the ashes. This will be done in response to Bono's "Hey Adam, could you turn down the bass a bit?"
Larry will continue to play despite his new wooden arm, which is the inspiration for the album's title "Pinnochio Boy becomes Man."

Ifeelnumb84 said:

Halfway through the sessions, Adam will throw his cigarette to the ground and piss on the ashes.

The event makes it onto the final track, causing insane fans to go super-dork and try to find the exact second in the song when you can hear the piss hit the floor! :drunk:

Larry will continue to play despite his new wooden arm, which is the inspiration for the album's title "Pinnochio Boy becomes Man."

Album title = PBBM = "Peanut Butter Bowel Movement"???? :shudder:

:wink:

Sorry, my source was wrong.
It will be a instrumental jazz oddysey. Bono will play triangle, but the master tape will reveal that he wasn't miked.
After booking tour dates in advance, the band has no choice but to release the album as is.
Bono gets fed up and quits the band.
The Larry Mullen Band go on to release "Mullen Comes Alive!"
Bono releases a spoken word album called "Mbuntu" which includes Shatner-like readings of "Hokey Pokey" and Spinal Tap's "Stonehenge."

I'm quite leery of stating what I think 'should' be on the next album. I think thats what leads to unrealistically high expectations, and then inevitable dissapointment.

A louder album would be fun though.

Back
Top Bottom