What should be U2's closing song in their farewell concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
originally posted by starsgoblue
So touching and so depressing at the same time.

I know, I hope it won't happen for a long time

starsgoblue said:

Don't post in it then.

Starsgoblue, do you live here in Interference? Look how many posts you have posted...

I'm glad we always disagree on everything... If you know what i mean...

U2 on their farewell concert, I hope that this day never comes. I would hope to hear them do Kite...you know how it has the 'goodbyes' in it. I would cry so bad. :sad:
I can't think of another songs at the moment but I do think that Kite would be good.

U2_Guy said:

Starsgoblue, do you live here in Interference? Look how many posts you have posted...

I'm glad we always disagree on everything... If you know what i mean...

Well, I basically get paid to play around on the internet when I'm at work. I work at a 24 hour hotline (no, not that kind!) and if nobody's calling then I'm on here...it's better than studying. Why, you think I'm a loser? :reject: :sad:

Last edited:
you know how on popmart and elevation where they did the first set, first encore, then the 2nd encore? i think they'll end the 2nd encore with either One or Pride (though i would die for a minute of Can't Help Falling In Love), then do a 3rd encore of 40.

or maybe they'll end it with Exit (fitting title, right?)

Hey Starsgoblue "don't let the bastards grind you down"!

U2’s Final Concert

I’d imagine that near the end of the concert there will be:
One
Walk On
(who knows – maybe a song we have yet to hear – or City Of Blinding Lights [“you all look so beautiful tonight”]?)

(leave the stage)

(leave the stage)

Amazing Grace (as Bono has said in interview(s) – I think he also said it in an Irish TV interview in early 2000)

And then their song Scarlet (Rejoiceeeeeeeee) played over the PA system as they depart the stage for the final time

So my vote is for Scarlet. It kind of sums up what they have been about throughout their career. And wouldn’t it be the sentiment that they would want us to experience and express?

U2Soar said:
Hey Starsgoblue "don't let the bastards grind you down"!

So my vote is for Scarlet. It kind of sums up what they have been about throughout their career. And wouldn’t it be the sentiment that they would want us to experience and express?

:hug:

Scarlet would be nice...I think we all agree that the last song needs to be an older one...

eugh, I think this is making me want to cry.....
In all seriousness, I dont know what i would want the last song to be. I kinda agree with whoever said they might not just have a last concert. i think the gist of that was even if they do "retire" they would probably get bored and do something every now and then.....
but as far as the official last tour- last show....
I dont know.
I kinda agree with the 40 idea. cant help falling in love with you was a good one too.

hi starsgoblue!:wave: youre way farther along in posts than me! but then again im not on here 12 hours a day :wink:
lol

what a depressing thread... I'll go with "One", it would be so fitting and also because its my all time favorite u2 song.

Hey! I'm not a bastard! I had my bastard lessons... now i'm alright...

Hey Starsgoblue, i'm not trying to make u feel bad... I just thought u had some kind of record goin' on... I'm here for 2 years ans have less than 100 posts...

The last song U2 ever plays in concert shoud be an amazingly beautiful song that tears your heart apart, an unreleased song that no has ever heard before and that no one would ever hear again. That should be there last song ever.

Hoodlem said:
The last song U2 ever plays in concert shoud be an amazingly beautiful song that tears your heart apart, an unreleased song that no has ever heard before and that no one would ever hear again. That should be there last song ever.

!

:hug: starsgoblue

im going for kite
"you know that this is not goodbye"

either played live, or by speakers

and then lots or crying

Hoodlem said:
but i think this will rock even more

Hoodlem said:

Then the email me the MP3 threads will start :wink:

"40" almost was the last song, in Rotterdam on the 12th of January, 1990, so I think it's fitting.

Just like they did in Rotterdam, Bono out, then Edge, then Adam, then Larry as he finishes off with a drum kick.

:sad:

Back
Top Bottom