What really bugs you about any U2 albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The problems with the Joshua Tree were solved once I got my hands on the Gold Disc version. Exit is more enjoyable. The sound quality is beyond excellent. It feels like a completely different album now. However, this was a very pricey item.
I wished they did a Bowie-like remastering of all the 80s' albums and included a couple of b-sides at the end of each one.

Joshua Tree - Spanish Eyes and Sweetest Thing (original is still my favorite).

Unforgettable Fire - Three Sunrises and Love Comes Tumbling.

Under a Blood Red Sky - Threw a Brick...(live) and October (live).

War - Pete the Chop and Johnny Swallow.

October - A Celebration and 11 O'Clock Tick Tock.

Boy - Party Girl.

I would buy these, but then again, the Best Of collection covered most of this.

I don't know if I am the only one here, but I am not afraid to tell you all this - ATYCLB is perfect from start to finish. There is nothing I would change about it. So... deal with it!
wink.gif

------------------
"I know that this is not goodbye." -Kite

Originally posted by Roland of Gilead:
Joshua Tree - Spanish Eyes and Sweetest Thing (original is still my favorite).

Unforgettable Fire - Three Sunrises and Love Comes Tumbling.

Under a Blood Red Sky - Threw a Brick...(live) and October (live).

War - Pete the Chop and Johnny Swallow.

October - A Celebration and 11 O'Clock Tick Tock.

Boy - Party Girl.

I would buy these

me too!

I am not afraid to tell you all this - ATYCLB is perfect from start to finish.

hells no!

be afraid, be vewy afraid
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by no disk (edited 11-06-2001).]

I think a polished-up version of one of the "Salome" outtakes versions of "I Feel Free" should have been used instead of the Until the End of the World that was included on Achtung. A lot of the Achtung tracks were deliberately "muted" to achieve the "darker" mood of the album, but in the process the energy of that tune got lost.

I think that Rattle & Hum would have been considered one of U2's best albums if the live tracks had been omitted. To be specific, Watchtower was an average cover, Freedom song was garbage, we got the worst and least-energetic version of Pride ever, we got that AWFUL rant during Silver and Gold (not to mention the fact that the music part of that version isn't half as good as many that were played during the fall JT tour), and Bullet also wasn't that great. I admit I may be overcritical about these versions due to abundant exposure to bootlegs and live U2 concerts.

I also believe that The Unforgettable Fire, while containing a few of U2's best songs, is half an album. Besides Bad, the second half of that album is really stuff that didn't need to be recorded professionally. It's great to be spontaneous and atmospheric and experimental, but only the successful experiments should be offered for sale to the public!

And I agree that Pete the Chop definitely definitely definitely should have been finished - it could have been a great tune.

I read somewhere a while back that Pete the Chop was the catchy but unfinished tune that the band put in the "treasure"-chest, to be finished if they ever got desperate for a single. Which they never did. Hence, the name "Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop)", which is the partly finished version of that song. I don't know if this story is true or whether it's B.S., but I kind of like it.

Originally posted by soctheo:

I WOULD HAVE LOVED IT IF U2 INCLUDED Ground beneath her feet on all versions of the album INSTEAD OF JUST IN THE UK. i think the song fits well if this was the song order.

I absolutely hate The Ground beneath her feet on ATYCLB. It just isn?t right. Don?t get my wrong, I love the song on MDH, but hate it on ATYCLB.

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

My personal opinion of each U2 album is that although they do in fact change the 'theme' from album to album, they do not emphasize enough of the individuals. For example, I would love for once if they allowed more intrumental specifially allowing Larry Mullen to unleash for a song. I think the last time it was even pondered is 'Rejoice' from October. Also, Iwould not mind hearing Edge sing some more.

I think "Where The Streets Have No Name" received an absolutely horrid production/mixing job. It's very muddy. The rest of the album seems to be produced much clearer.

I wish I could find the remastered Joshua Tree with the normal cover. I purchased my Joshua Tree cd in 1992, so it was prolly one of the ones made in the late 80's. It has the stretched out cover and the sound is very low.

the first verse of Exit sounds like it is being whispered.

I don't have the One Tree Hill/Exit problem though.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by Achtung Zooropa:

2)The Wanderer is sung by Johnny Cash (Zooropa is my favorite album, but I wish the Bono version was ont he album)

Oh come on guys!! Johnny Cash is the man in black!!!!!! I love the Wanderer on Zooropa, I mean I would love to hear the Bono version, but you can't deny the appeal of that voice. There is something so introspective and melencoly about Johnny's voice, I wouldn't trade it for the world.
I do agree that on ATYCLB they should have included "Summer Rain". Lucky for me on my personal ATYCLB Supreme Notiti mix (thank you Calluna!) that particular track is included. It is the best thing to hear first thing in the morning.
Also the beep beep at the end of Zoorpa jars me everytime. Blarg.
mad.gif
GAO

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.

Back
Top Bottom