What other bands have performed U2 songs live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

welshigirl

The Fly
What other bands have you seen or heard about who sings U2 stuff as part of their live setlist?

It was just something that came 2 my mind just now lol

------------------
Blood Group...U2 POSITIVE

Billy Corgan from the smashing Pumpkins iis a biiig u2 fan he sang SBS, thats all i know of tho
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by bono-vox:
Billy Corgan from the smashing Pumpkins iis a biiig u2 fan he sang SBS, thats all i know of tho
biggrin.gif

If you're talking about the version on all the file sharing things, it's just the Edge singing it. the Pumpkins did cover "Stay", though. And I believe Collective Soul has covered "I Will Follow", as has Third Eye Blind, Hootie and the Blowfish have covered "Gloria" and "MLK"

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
If you're talking about the version on all the file sharing things, it's just the Edge singing it. the Pumpkins did cover "Stay", though. And I believe Collective Soul has covered "I Will Follow", as has Third Eye Blind, Hootie and the Blowfish have covered "Gloria" and "MLK"

Well knock me down with a feather...i didnt know that Thanks
smile.gif

Collective Soul has covered I Will Follow. I have a CD of it. Its a pretty rockin version also. One of the few covers of a U2 song that is decent IMO.

this one time i was at mcmaster university's student bar and i saw this guy do an awesome version of desire. i was really drunk though so it might not have been awesome at all-oh well!
smile.gif

------------------
don't.

The Tea Party have covered One and ISHFWILF
Dream Theatre does RHMT
I Mother Earth covered Exit and One Tree Hill I think

------------------
And I felt like a star...

REM has covered One.
Live, Radiohead, and Sublime have all covered Sunday Bloody Sunday.
POD has covered BTBS.
KMFDM has covered Mysterious ways.

A Christian Band called Caedmon's Call covered In God's Country on one of their live cds. It sounds very true to the U2 version.

Brian

A band called Mortal did Running To Stand Still, and Virtus covered that song also.

------------------
"Yep...Silver and Gold!!!" - Bono

We'll Shine Like Stars In The Summer Nights...

Dream Theater does "Red Hill Mining Town" and "Bad". Very awesome FULL versions!

DC Talk does "40". Full version.

Radiohead's version of "Sunday Bloody Sunday" kicks arse!!!

------------------
-------------------------

www.LP.org

To my knowledge, Radiohead never actually did Sunday Bloody Sunday. The so called "Radiohead version" is the mp3 of Edge singing SBS at Pop Mart.

I was going to mention Dream Theater doing Red Hill Mining Town but someone got in ahead of me. I have heard an mp3 of it, it was quite respectable. A similar band, Queensryche, who I have seen live, has done Bullet the BLue Sky, apparently. But not on the tour when I saw them (1995)--I think it was after that.

For less well-known acts
biggrin.gif
I was in a coffee shop once where some guys were playing acoustic guitar and they started playing Mothers. One of the people I was with was also a big U2 fan so we enjoyed that. And I clearly remember walking through Amsterdam and hearing a busker playing One on his guitar and accompanying himself by whistling...

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

Along with 'Stay', The Pumpkins did at least partial covers of 'Sunday Bloody Sunday'(And no I'm not talking about the Mexico City MP3) and 'Numb'.

Originally posted by Foxxern:

Live, Radiohead, and Sublime have all covered Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Don't know about Live, but Radiohead and Sublime's versions floating around are also the Edge singing.

When Third Eye Blind covered I Will Follow Stephan Jenkins would introduce it by saying: "This is the song I used to masterbate to."

Silly Stephan.

------------------
Earth people, New York to California.
Earth people, I was born on Jupiter.

if i hear that crap lifehouse family or whatever the hell that band is called sing One again during this olympic coverage, i am going to pull both my arms off and use them to throw at the tv

Craig David covered One and called it Walking Away
smile.gif

Johnny Cash did One, of course

I'm sure The Chimes, who covered ISHFWILF, must have performed it live at some point

Didn't Mica Paris cover One too? And sing it live?

Actually, on the subject of cover versions, I heard this crazy French club tune in 1998 that used New Year's Day's piano for it's main bit. It is not the Musique vs U2 one. Can anyone help?

hell fucking no, radiohead has never covered Sunday Bloody Sunday or any other U2 song for that matter, don't you people know the Edge's voice and guitar???

my band, on the night we split up
frown.gif

We played One which was really great and we got everybody singing along.

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by Bri2k:
A Christian Band called Caedmon's Call covered In God's Country on one of their live cds.

An excellent cover! Derek Webb wails.

Also, I think Counting Crows has covered I Will Follow, but I haven't heard it. I may head over to morpheus and see if I can find it.
And I heard a lady named Nichole Nordeman cover ISHFWILF about two weeks ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom