What "now" artist would you like to see U2 collaborate with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicBono said:

I'm wondering why U2 and Radiohead haven't done anything together yet...

Radiohead would never lower themselves to that level. :wink:

xaviMF22 said:

ha ha:p :)

can't wait to hear U2 cover Paranoid Android :rockon:

Will never happen. U2 doesn't have enough skilled musicians to pull that one out.

Franz Ferdinand, no doubt.

About U2 and Coldplay - there's a version of "What's Going On" that features Bono & Chris Martin. Also, both of them were on the Band Aid 20 single.

I'd like to hear U2 split into 4 different directions for a month. I'd like Larry to go away and just come up with and record 30 different kick arse beats ranging from absolute head bangers to laid back funk for clicking your fingers to while sippin' on a strong drink. Adam does the same with bass lines, completely individually with no relation to Larry's work. Stuff for both fuckin' cool pinstriped suits in smokey bars AND sweaty t-shirts in packed stadiums. Edge just improvises alone for 48 hours whilst starting off sober, working through a range of booze and narcotics, and then coming down off all of the above. The entire 48 hour bender is recorded from start to finish.

All the recordings are put in a pile and shipped to New York.

RJD2 mixes and splices, samples and loops, chops and changes his way all through them to create 10 distinctively different tracks.

Bono is then brought in and he just howls away over the top, improvising, really nailing the vocals to suit the song not just to scream and be heard. The old smokey bar Bono, a bit of fat lady falsetto Bono, only rising if absolutely necessary.

Fucking awesome, and there's your hip-hop at work too.

Anyone who knows RJD2 knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Earnie Shavers said:
I'd like to hear U2 split into 4 different directions for a month. I'd like Larry to go away and just come up with and record 30 different kick arse beats ranging from absolute head bangers to laid back funk for clicking your fingers to while sippin' on a strong drink. Adam does the same with bass lines, completely individually with no relation to Larry's work. Stuff for both fuckin' cool pinstriped suits in smokey bars AND sweaty t-shirts in packed stadiums. Edge just improvises alone for 48 hours whilst starting off sober, working through a range of booze and narcotics, and then coming down off all of the above. The entire 48 hour bender is recorded from start to finish.

All the recordings are put in a pile and shipped to New York.

RJD2 mixes and splices, samples and loops, chops and changes his way all through them to create 10 distinctively different tracks.

Bono is then brought in and he just howls away over the top, improvising, really nailing the vocals to suit the song not just to scream and be heard. The old smokey bar Bono, a bit of fat lady falsetto Bono, only rising if absolutely necessary.

Fucking awesome, and there's your hip-hop at work too.

Anyone who knows RJD2 knows exactly what I'm talking about.

That sounds amazing. :rockon:

U2 should just collaborate with themselves and get that next album in the shelves ASAP.... let's not waste time with failed collaborations like the totally trashed version of One with Mary Blige....

Back
Top Bottom