What makes a good Sangia??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
Ok...I have a 'parte' coming up and I want to make up a nice Sangria. Any ideas on a good Sangria recipe???

Note: High alcohol content makes us play!

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Ok, let me see if I can remember....

you take a liter (or is it two liter) bottle of inexpensive (read: cheap) red or blush wine, one cup of sugar, one cup of orange juice and one cup of lemon juice. float orange and lemon slices in the stuff. Make a day or two ahead.

Hope I got the measurements right...my memory aint so good anymore.

Have Fun!!!

Making Sangria used to be my job....

I'm dead serious.

Here's my recipe:

In a big pitcher or carafe (I recommend a plastic pitcher...like the one you get when you order a pitcher of coke at a restuarant):

8 second pour (with spout on) of cheap brandy
8 second pour (with spout on) of cheap triple sec
4 heaping teaspons of sugar
2 oranges quartered (squeeze the juice in...and throw in the quarted pieces as well
1 lemon quartered (squeeze the juice in...and throw in the quartered pieces as well)
4-6 apple slices (about 1/2 normal sized apple)

Let the above ingredients soak for about an hour in the pitcher/carafe. When its time to start drinking, fill the pitcher with ice. Pour either CHEAP red (purists use red, but white works well) or CHEAP white wine into pitcher/carafe and top off with a couple ounces of sprite/7up and OJ. Stir and enjoy!!

You can alter the sugar and 7up content if you'd like. The above recipe gives you a pretty sweet sangria. An added variety is to use peaches in the white sangria. Goes really well. The key is to have the fruit soak in and brew with the brandy and triple sec.

Be careful though, sangria can really kick you in the butt.

God, I miss my sangria parties in college. What the hell am i talking about. I don't even remember those parties....

CK

[This message has been edited by TheU2 (edited 11-04-2001).]

thanks music/sangrialovers. I wrote that down, it could come in handy this summer
smile.gif

mmm...Im getting the impression the use of cheap alcohol is the key here...

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Back
Top Bottom