What is your favourite U2 song used in a film?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achtung y'all

The Fly
Not just the song but if you like the film and how the song is used.

Hands That Built America (Gangs of New York)
Sweetest Thing (Mr. Deeds)
Zoo Station (About A Boy)
Always Forever Now (Heat)
Elevation (Tomb Raider)
Ground Beneath Her Feet (Million Dollar Hotel)
In God's Country (Three Kings)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Runaway Bride)
If God Will Send His Angels (City of Angels)
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Batman Forever)
Alex Decends Into Hell For A Bottle of Milk/Korova 1 (Johnny Mnemonic)
With Or Without You (Blown Away)
All I Want Is You (Reality Bites)
Where The Streets Have No Name (Fearless)
Pride (Gladiator - 1992)
Until The End of The World (Until The End of the World/Bis Ans Ende der Welt)
Stay (Faraway, So Close/In Weiter Ferne, so nah!)

I'd have to say my favourite is In God's Country, used over the end of Three Kings - good film, the desert theme of the song matching the desert landscape in the film, upbeat song mirrors the poitive ending.

I have to say If God Would Send His Angels.... it was perfect with the film because Nicolas Cage's character was so pure and innocent--he couldn't understand pain and all he knew was that he'd give up everything he knew for love. Makes me imagine what heaven will be like..if everyone will have that innocence again. If God Would Send His Angels always sounds to me like a prayer to have a little bit of heaven on earth..

How are Until The End Of The World and Stay used in those films? I've only seen (and own) Wings Of Desire. Faraway and Until... are damn hard to find anywhere (Is Until... even available on DVD?)

My vote from the above would awarded to two of them. Hands That Built America - I love that last scene with New York 'building' through the ages as the song builds. All I Want Is You in Reality Bites is great as well, has it's own little place in pop cultures history books. Just about everyone relates that song to that scene in that film.

As far as I can remember, Stay and UTEOTW are used at the end over the credits.

Faraway, So Close is only available on VHS but Until The End Of The World is available on Region 1 DVD on Amazon.com

I vote for Ground beneath her feet. I thin it's one of the most incredible U2 song ever put in a movie!

God's country was really used in Three Kings????

I didn't know... so thanks!

don't forget Everlasting Love (whatever that bad movie with Ben Affleck and Sandra Bullock was called...)

It was also used recently on the previews for Wimbledon (sp?) with Kirsten Dunst, but I don't know if it was actually used in the film or not.

I choose the Sweetest Thing.

Don'y forget With or Without You in one of the old Friends episodes. Strictly not a film, but anyway.

Streets from Fearless is the best IMHO.

"Corpse (These Chains Are Way Too Long)" from Gibigiane/Reflections

:wink:

Seriously though, "Stateless" from The Million Dollar Hotel or HMTMKMKM from Batman. :yes:

achtung y'all said:
As far as I can remember, Stay and UTEOTW are used at the end over the credits.

Faraway, So Close is only available on VHS but Until The End Of The World is available on Region 1 DVD on Amazon.com

I think you have that backwards. Faraway, So Close is available on DVD and Until the End of the World is listed as Not Yet Released.

Anyway...

I love the way "Stay" was used in Faraway, So Close. I've always thought it fits the story line so perfectly, and it's such a beautiful song to start with. Wim Wenders really did it justice, in my opinion.

Ok, so MDH was a dog of a movie. The opening of the movie was promising mind. Downtown L.A and the roof that Jeremie whats his name jumped from in the magic hour scored to the First Time was symbiotically perfect.

ylimeU2 said:

I think you have that backwards. Faraway, So Close is available on DVD and Until the End of the World is listed as Not Yet Released.

Anyway...

I love the way "Stay" was used in Faraway, So Close. I've always thought it fits the story line so perfectly, and it's such a beautiful song to start with. Wim Wenders really did it justice, in my opinion.

My brother's copy of Until the end of the world soundtrack says "previously released" at U2 on the front sleeve credits.

HMTMKMKM all the way, it fits the theme of the movie perfectly *ur a big star but u wanna get out of the biz thing*, also itz catchy and it has the return of MacPhisto in the video

(Originally the producers wanted Bono to make a cameo as MacPhisto, but Bono obviously said no and did a song 4 the movie instead)

achtung y'all said:

I'd have to say my favourite is In God's Country, used over the end of Three Kings - good film, the desert theme of the song matching the desert landscape in the film, upbeat song mirrors the poitive ending.

i was thinking of this just as I was reading your thread title :up:

Dr_Macphisto said:
don't forget Everlasting Love (whatever that bad movie with Ben Affleck and Sandra Bullock was called...)

It was also used recently on the previews for Wimbledon (sp?) with Kirsten Dunst, but I don't know if it was actually used in the film or not.

The U2 version of Everlasting Love was also used in Veronica Guerin (sp?). I liked the way it was used to underscore one of the few lighthearted, joyous scenes in an otherwise very grim and tragic film.

lady luck said:
I vote for Ground beneath her feet. I thin it's one of the most incredible U2 song ever put in a movie!

defiantely one of the best songs ever.... its that good!

Back
Top Bottom