What is your favourite U2 song used in a film?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Until the End of the World

This is available on R2 Italian import in a 4 disc box. It is the 5hr director's cut across 3 discs (the 4th is a bonus disc). There is a lot more music (obviously) and UTEOTW is played quite a few times (it was only played once in the original cut). I heard Anchor Bay will be releasing this in the future. The drawback to the set is there are no subs - even on the foreign language scenes. It can be irritating but you kinda pick up everything anyway. I got mine thru the Wim Wenders site.

I was so surprised to hear in gods country used I nearly fell off my seat,

Its ones of these songs you dont hear very often, but its so uplifting

Hmm. loads of good U2 song usage mentioned here, a few films to chase up!

I have one to add - the recently released Irish movie Intermission (Colin Farrell, Kelly MacDonald, Cillian Murphy, Colm Meaney) opens with Out Of Control which is great.

It's a bit Trainspotting-ish in the way it starts with a chase and a song that is highly relevant to the story - all of the characters are fairly well out of control!
Also the characters are mostly young, all Irish, so the song has all of the right associations to start off your impressions / expectations of what the film and characters are going to be about.

Top film, too. http://www.thefilmfactory.co.uk/intermission/intermission.html

Cheers ~Ultra

Back
Top Bottom