What is your favorite U2 moment...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought of another one: the long wail between All I want is you and Streets in Slane concert.

Favorite U2 moments

1) Bono's "Live Aid" Leap of Faith into the crowd

2) Sarajevo concert

3) "Mothers of the Disappeared" (PopMart performance)

4) Slane Elevation concert

5) Bono's appearance at Modena, Italy in May 2003 (Concert for Iraq Refugees)

so many more - but those are the ones that stand out most in my mind.

Amazing how so many of U2's most memorable moments occur when they are involved in humanitarian pursuits. :up:

I think it speaks well of them.

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU....:larry: :adam: :edge: :hug: :bono: :love:

My favourite moment ever was also kind of the opposite in some ironic way.. it was Popmart, Tues February 17th 1998, Perth Superdome and the crowd was just so boring and unwelcoming(the people down the front anyways, it was seated see) most of them didn't know alot of the Pop songs. There was a bit during If You Wear That Velvet Dress where the whole arena was just dead quiet and I was the only one it felt that was singin the song, I had both my hands up and was standing on my seat in front of the B-Stage and Bono just was looking straight down at me for a few secs with his black glasses he wears at that stage of the concert. I was imagining him saying what the fuck is wrong with Perth! just the most unforgettable thing for me... I will never forgive my homecity for being so boring however, hence why I am going to europe to see them this time

U2 doing 40 as their finale in Popmart Johannesburg. It was a collective sigh of relief for U2 fans worldwide - that the POP era was finally over.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom