What is your favorite Edge guitar and guitar riff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite Edge guitar?

• Gibson Explorer

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Gibson SG

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Gibson Les Paul

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Gibson Les Paul Gold Top

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Fernendes

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Rickenbaker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gretsch

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Fender(s)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I know nothing about guitars, but I love all of them!!! :)

Votes: 9 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Explorer, because it's a classic. My favorite riff is probably "I Will Follow".

I'd say the Gibson SG and the Gibson Les Paul Gold Top... though I also have a serious soft spot for the black and white Fender Stratocaster, since my dad has one just like it :) And I have a cream and white Fender Squier (slightly cheaper version of Strat basically), left-handed, strung backwards :D It's like Jimi Hendrix except not.

Favourite riffs...I have so many!! Vertigo (I know, I know, it's new, but it rules!), Discotheque, The Fly, Streets, SBS, I Will Follow...

Oh, and OzAurora: that red guitar is HOT :heart: That is one sexy guitar...I want it too :drool: you've got a nice acoustic yourself :happy:

Gretsch is clearly the winner here. I've seen a lot of Hansa Ton pictures and it looks like they (both Bono & The Edge) used Gretsch guitars heavily on Achtung Baby.

Bono's custom made Gretsch Irish Falcon is the coolest looking guitar I've ever seen.

I always loved the Les Paul (every time I hear the ending of UTEOTW) and the Explorer is a great guitar too... , I get goosebumps. I also like Out of Control. Just one of my favourite songs. My guitar looks like his black fender (although its a knockoff with cheesy Van Halen stripes on it...)

Back
Top Bottom