What is U2's Most Soothing Song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moser

Refugee
You're pissed off and you hit up a U2 track and it instantly calms and relaxes you?

What is that song?

For me, I think it's Bad. I'm not sure why.

All I Want Is You, Kite, So Cruel, Mothers of the Disappeared, 40 do well also.

A lot of UF Era stuff would fall under that category. Not much else really.

Running to Stand Still. Especially the ZooTV Sydney version.

I'm also a fan of Gone when I'm pissed off, but it usually makes things worse rather than soothing me.

On a related note, In A Little While is great for when I'm miserable about something.

Actually, I find all of their songs soothing when I'm pissed off. I just kinda go to a different place. And when I'm feeling sad or depressed, "Streets" never fails to perk me up. I hear those first chords, and immediately feel better!

When I read the words soothing U2 song in the thread title the song that immediately jumped to my mind was Grace.

I suppose it depends on how you interpret 'soothing'. Any U2 song in the right circumstance could be considered soothing in a way.

Moser said:
You're pissed off and you hit up a U2 track and it instantly calms and relaxes you?

What is that song?

For me, I think it's Bad. I'm not sure why.

All I Want Is You, Kite, So Cruel, Mothers of the Disappeared, 40 do well also.

That's interesting, as I think Bad is one of U2's most intense songs ever....funny how that is soothing for you...and I can't really say that a soothing song for me always relaxes and calms me...:shrug:

for me, the most soothing song would have to be Grace....listening to it daily is enjoyable and relaxing....listening to it in the rain, ineffable......It's the greatest example of how songs are transformed when the setting is right....Grace really connects with me on a far deeper level in a rainy setting...like while driving...and the windshield wipers add to the experience tremendously, seriously... preferably when on one of the slower settings :)

as for other soothing songs...Running To Stand Still, One Step Closer, Mothers of the Disappeared, Bass Trap, and I'd probably have to include I Still Haven't Found and Heartland...So Cruel a little too...but these songs aren't nearly as soothing as Grace for me

For me, streets is more uplifting and energizing than it is "soothing."

Last edited:
Stuck In A Moment You Can;t Get Out Of....never really been one of my top-ranked U2 songs, but there is something so delightfully innocent and accessible and warm about it. If I feel a little agitated or uncomfortable, I often listen to this track specifically.

Others that have a similar power are Zooropa and In God's Country....

Everything. As soon as I listen to U2 the rest of the world does not matter to me anymore..

MsPurrl said:
Actually, I find all of their songs soothing when I'm pissed off. I just kinda go to a different place. And when I'm feeling sad or depressed, "Streets" never fails to perk me up. I hear those first chords, and immediately feel better!

My thoughts exactly. There's so much passion/feeling/joy/love/soul etc in their music - I can't help but have my mind taken off whatever is stressing me out. I think I really take their music for granted sometimes; it does so much for me every day. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom