What is U2's hardest rocking album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Since there has been so much talk about how ATYCLB was so "light" and did not rock and all, as well has the hope for the new album to "rock", I was curious as to what U2 album people thought was the hardest rocking? Pick only one album please.

If I had to pick only one, I would actually say BOY is their hardest rocking album. Remember this is not necessarily a vote for your favorite U2 album, but which one you think has the hardest most energetic edge to it.

U2 doesn't want to categorize themselves as a hard rock band. And they don't really have any hardest rocking album. They do have hardest rocking songs, but albums in general they don't. They always have at least 3 songs per album that are too mushy or spaced out to be categorized as hard-rocking.

U2 said once that they are just a loud folk/gospel band.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
U2 doesn't want to categorize themselves as a hard rock band. And they don't really have any hardest rocking album. They do have hardest rocking songs, but albums in general they don't. They always have at least 3 songs per album that are too mushy or spaced out to be categorized as hard-rocking.

U2 said once that they are just a loud folk/gospel band.

Cheers,

J

I know this is true, but I'm just saying comparing U2 albums to each other, which is the closest to being a hard rocking album. If you had to pick one album, which would it be?

So far we have:

BOY 3 Votes

WAR 3 Votes

Achtung Baby 3 Votes

We then have two people who are undecided between Achtung Baby and War, and Achtung Baby and Boy.

So far we have:

BOY 3 Votes

WAR 3 Votes

Achtung Baby 4 Votes

We then have two people who are undecided between Achtung Baby and War, and Achtung Baby and Boy.

I would say War as the most raw sound and riffs and has the hardest rocking feel to it. It is definately the heaviest drum record they have.

Achtung would be right behind it.

Hmm ... for me, it came down to Boy and War, and when I compared the 'rockingness' track-by-track and so forth, Boy just came out on top.

War is real dark both in its lyrical matter and it's Clashesque rock.....definitely their most rocking effort so far.

Rattle & Hum and Pop have quite a few hard rocking songs as well. (I would consider Mofo hard rock, but I don't know how many others would). But overall I'd go with War.

Back
Top Bottom