What is U2's best music video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theFly51

New Yorker
U2 has done numerous music videos over the years. What do you think they're best video is? This includes long form videos (zoo, pop, etc.)

Favorite is Please- an interesting concept and works with the emotion in the song.

Least favorite is Discotheque. I don't mind the camp, but it's cut at a thousand shots per second and it's such a studio song that I know no one on the set is actually doing anything. I think it would have been better if it was a short story following the song's protagonist.

I'd have to say my favorites are Stay(Far Away...), the Corbjin version of One, I Still Haven't Found..., and Electrical Storm. And I've always had an affinity for New Year's Day as well. Slane Castle is my favorite DVD thus far.

New Year's Day ... absolutely love their early days era. :love:

Sweetest Thing ... so-ooo cute seeing Bono trying to apologize.:cute:

The Ground Beneath Her Feet ... absolutely sexy :drool:

i like the feeling of Mysterious Ways, very vibrant and in touch with the feeling of the song, Elevation is amazing for its cool special effects and Beautiful Day gets its message accross really well and i love the whole runway thing too-execpt why a man whos happy with having nothing tries to steal someones bag is beyond me??? anyone?

Beautiful Day.

One of the few U2 videos that actually works nicely on screen. A lot of their video catalogue is very hit or miss.

Bonochick said:
Even Better Than The Real Thing

:drool: This video helped get me into U2 in the first place. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen.

Again these "pick your #1" or "pick your favorite" type threads kill me because I love so much of U2's stuff, it's hard to narrow it down to just one. So, I'll do what I always do . . . I'll narrow it down to two:

(in no order of preference)

The Fly & The Unforgettalbe Fire

I have loved both of these videos for sooooo long. I totally agree that Larry and Adam walking down the steps in the UF video is the absolute coolest thing ever! But then there's Bono and Edge in The Fly, so again it's a toss up.

Quick question: Are there 2 versions of The Unforgettable Fire video, one showing the string instrumentalist players (cello & violin, I think) and one without them in it?

Yep, so many to choose from.
Not being able to pick one or even 2, heres a few of my faves and why.

MW: Even though Bono and the guys are minimal in the video, Bono withering on the floor has got to be the most fucking luscious thing ever.

UTEOFTW: This is the darkest video U2 has ever done.
I love that it strays from their norm.
Bono and Edge look downright evil,
but so sexy at the same time.
Also, for personal reasons this song is in my top 5 of greatest ever written/sung.
Everytime i hear it it reminds me of someone.

SIAMYCGOO:
The one with Bono being 'kidnapped'.
It takes a few times of watching it to understand what the hell is going on, but once you do,
and it hits you, its really very emotional.
It makes me cringe every time Bono falls/jumps from the van.

The Fly, Desire: Any time i get to see Bono's chest, im a happy camper.
I love the way Edge moves/dances.
I realize this is just for the eye candy of it, no great camera works...but mmmm.

And of course...
Night & Day.
The stairs, the wind, the writing on the blackboard.
Bonos hair, Adam looks so beautiful.
Larry just standing there...
I love the way Bono plays to the camera, walking back and forth.
And then again, the chest.
Plus its the gretest song ever written and the greatest song U2/Bono has ever sung.

PS
ZOOTV in Australia is the best u2 video (imho)...
it won several awards for best concert video and i think a few other things.

Last edited:
Discotheque is the best:lol:
And Streets, Electrical Storm, Pride, Staring at the sun, Stuck, One bar version, The Fly, Numb...

Uhm... It's a hard choice for me :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom