What is the most heartfelt, or romantic U2 song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think any U2 songs are particularly romantic. I think WOWY is the exact opposite of romantic! Listen to it properly! People think cause it's slow and has that title, it must be nice and romantic. I think it's very dark and misinterpreted.

blech, WoWY is nothing romantic at all. even if you listen to it in context with Walk to the Water and Luminous Times... no. not one bit.
it's like the idiots who think The Police's "Every Breath" is romantic... according to several interviews, Sting gets kind of disturbed by people who come up telling him it's "their song"... it's about a stalker for fucksake. there's nothing healthy or romantic expressed in either song.

looking for "romantic" from u2... look at all i want is you.... hawkmoon 269... trip thru your wires.. two hearts beat as one.. But everything from them will be a bit bittersweet, somewhere, somehow.

All I want is you

Sweetest thing

Wild honey

Promenade

A man and a woman

Two hearts beat as one

wolfeden said:
blech, WoWY is nothing romantic at all. even if you listen to it in context with Walk to the Water and Luminous Times... no. not one bit.
it's like the idiots who think The Police's "Every Breath" is romantic... according to several interviews, Sting gets kind of disturbed by people who come up telling him it's "their song"... it's about a stalker for fucksake. there's nothing healthy or romantic expressed in either song.

Exactly! You expressed what I wanted to say but didn't have the energy to think in proper sentences ;) WOWY to me is about a stalker, as well. Or at least, it's very disturbing. Taking it to extremes you could say it's about... well... not nice things. Lol! (there goes my coherence again.)

Back
Top Bottom