What is the LONGEST BAD version u2 ever played live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerome.lamboley

The Fly
hi there,
i'm not usre it is 1985-04-15 - East Rutherford, New Jersey - Brenden Byrne Arena,
is it or not?
thanks

:ohmy: wow, longer than Live Aid performance... I think I'm going to ask for it in music on the internet...

For the record, it's not the longest performance of a song U2 have ever done.

The longest song ever performed by U2 live is 40 on 31 January 1985. If I remember correctly, it clocks in at 16:45.

Axver said:
For the record, it's not the longest performance of a song U2 have ever done.

The longest song ever performed by U2 live is 40 on 31 January 1985. If I remember correctly, it clocks in at 16:45.
Well, I missed you in answering here – nobody asked for '40', but it is nice to know (*smile*) ...

ZOOTVTOURist said:

Well, I missed you in answering here – nobody asked for '40', but it is nice to know (*smile*) ...

Yeah, I figured I'd just post that tidbit as people tend to think of Bad as U2's ultra-long live song, and thus it would make sense to assume that its longest performance is the longest performance of any U2 song. Poor 40, always being so overlooked! :wink:

U2 start :dancing:

Does that 40 actually continue though? Or does it just finish after four or five minutes and the rest is the crowd chanting a la Chicago?

COBL_04 said:
U2 start :dancing:

Does that 40 actually continue though? Or does it just finish after four or five minutes and the rest is the crowd chanting a la Chicago?

If it were just the crowd chanting, then it would only be a 4-5 minutes long song.

26 January 1985, Stockholm has a nearly 15 minute version in good quality audio that is an example of how crazily long 40 was around that era.

Actually, U2 started playing 'Bad' in Fez about two weeks ago...and they're still playing it...haven't stopped...crazy bastards!

Rafiennes said:
Actually, U2 started playing 'Bad' in Fez about two weeks ago...and they're still playing it...haven't stopped...crazy bastards!

Geezus... Larry looked :grumpy: enough after half an hour on the Chicago DVD I'd hate to see his face after playing the chimes non-stop for two weeks... :uhoh:

That's why the others go on playing. It give them an excuse why they don't look back at him. ;)

I've just downloaded the Cologne concert with 40. Will have a listen now. :)

OK, that is not the full version recorded, and they extended it with Do they know it's Christmas? :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom