What is the litmus test necessary to be considered a "GOOD" U2 Fan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All you have to do is shred to pieces anyone who happens to like the last two albums, and lick the feet of 90's U2.
Then you'll fit right in.

You must build four separate shrines in your bedroom and offer sacrifices to them on a routine basis. You must takes no other gods. You must go out among the heathens and seek to convert all you can to the glory that is U2.

And oh yeah. You must realize this post is sarcastic.

:wink:

Dreadsox said:

In recent months it has become apparent that there are some in here who feel that there are certain standards to being a U2 fan.

Just ignore them :wink:

Dreadsox said:
I am very sincere in this question.

In recent months it has become apparent that there are some in here who feel that there are certain standards to being a U2 fan.

What is required in your mind to be a "GOOD" fan?

Not to answer this dumb thread - doh!

miss becky said:
You must build four separate shrines in your bedroom and offer sacrifices to them on a routine basis. You must takes no other gods. You must go out among the heathens and seek to convert all you can to the glory that is U2.

But ... but ... now what do I do with these shrines I've made?

Like somebody said earlier, a fan should get it. You don't have to know what it is, you just have to get it.

Come to think of it, I may test the "litmus test" itself. I may wear the t-shirt of some band from outside of the "U2 genre" to the next U2 show I go to; I don't know, something shockingly "uncool" like Widespread Panic, or, heaven forbid, the Grateful Dead.

~U2Alabama

Re: Re: What is the litmus test necessary to be considered a "GOOD" U2 Fan?

cardosino said:

To look at a thread like this and think "what a dumbass thing to ask"

Reading a post like this and think....."what a dumbass response"

Re: Re: What is the litmus test necessary to be considered a "GOOD" U2 Fan?

u2_england said:

Not to answer this dumb thread - doh!

Ever ventured into FYM where this was posted originally?

Just curious......

But thank you for taking the sincerity of my question into account.

indra said:
I think a "good" fan (of any band or musician, not just U2), is willing to look at and accept (at least accept that they exist) all aspects of the band -- the good, the bad, and the just plain ugly. I also think a "good" fan allows other fans to express their opinions on the band without attacking. Even if the views aren't popular.

Best post in the thread.

Iskra said:
I also can recite the bar codes to every album and single.
backwards.
If you can't do that you are pathetic and not worthy of breathing the same air as I.
I also know what color socks Paul M's driver wore to every show since Boston '81.
well i was at their first gig! yeah, the one at mount temple. never mind the fact that i was born in 83... :D

ph-scale.gif

You need a pH litmus paper. Whenever you hear U2 music, and put the litmus paper in your mouth, the requirement for being a U2 fan is that the pH MUST be below "lemon juice".

It measures taste.

Last edited:
U2Bama said:
Come to think of it, I may test the "litmus test" itself. I may wear the t-shirt of some band from outside of the "U2 genre" to the next U2 show I go to; I don't know, something shockingly "uncool" like Widespread Panic, or, heaven forbid, the Grateful Dead.

~U2Alabama
Widepread Panic won't be recognized by enough people, and the Dead won't be that unacceptable, for the real litmus test, wear either a Motley Crue shirt or maybe Marylin Manson.

miss becky said:

:giggle: miss becky - PERFECT!!! :up: Sarcasm is my favorite food group... I LIVE off the stuff!!! :lmao:

Personally, I think it's what you imagine a good fan to be. I don't judge how much I like a band with crazy things others may have done to see them or how much they've spent going to see them in concert. That means nothing to me. I don't care if anyone hates the bands I like, most of my friends do anyway, none of us have very similar music tastes. If I like a band I consider myself a fan. What others do or say isn't going to affect it.

indra said:
I think a "good" fan (of any band or musician, not just U2), is willing to look at and accept (at least accept that they exist) all aspects of the band -- the good, the bad, and the just plain ugly. I also think a "good" fan allows other fans to express their opinions on the band without attacking. Even if the views aren't popular.

:applaud: :dancing: :applaud: :dancing:

Dip the suspect in a bathtub filled with U2 CDs, head first. Then take the person out and rub litmus paper on his/her head for 30 seconds. If it turns dark green, the answer is GOOD. :up:

ElectricalVoice said:
No no no ... It's the other way around. It has to be below lemon juice. And I love lemons and Lemon!
yes but lemons have a low ph. if the ph correlates with taste, then that'd mean it'd be low taste. unless they're opposite, where low ph = high taste :hmm: :wink:

Zootlesque said:
Dip the suspect in a bathtub filled with U2 CDs, head first. Then take the person out and rub litmus paper on his/her head for 30 seconds. If it turns dark green, the answer is GOOD. :up:

:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom