What is the Irish release date?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim

Refugee
I'm going to be in Dublin the weekend of the 20th November and was wondering if the album will hit the shops on Friday 19th?

Anybody know?

ATYCLB was available the Friday before release in Dublin, is this the normal trend?

Cheers,
Jim

I've heard rumblings about a midnight launch on the Thursday at HMV Gafton Street complete with the band.

I need to try and get this confirmed as we are in Dublin the previous weekend and leave on the 16th!!:mad:

If this info is right we'll be home Tuesday night and back in on the Thursday!:wink:

Thanks folks.

Bono's Tart - I'm interested to hear about the Thursday launch, may I ask where you heard about that? I'll be getting in on Saturday :( but delighted to hear that the album will be available on the 19th :) :)

Well its only what I heard when we were at the TOTP filming, but this person is pretty reliable. As soon as I hear more I will let you know.

I am so mad that we got this trip wrong but its been booked so long I cant change it as there are 8 of us going!!

Keeping our fingers crossed that the band will be rehearsing at HQ!!!:wink:

Thanks BT. Have a great time in Dublin, I can't wait.. I love the place!

i think the best thing to do with this album is not to listen for what WE want to hear but listen to the album for what it is, on its own, don't expect it to sounds like your favorite U2 album...don't not expect it to sounds like a U2 album.

Don't be worried with what it's not, listen to what it is...you may not feel how you feel when u listen to other U2 albums, but is that bad? We want NEW music, not JT/AB part 2.

Vertigo sounds new and exciting and i think there is alot more on that album of great quality, the only way we'll know for sure how good it is if we're still listening to it a couple years from now.

ps: i just popped ATYCLB in the other week and listened to it straight through 4 times in the last month. Good times..lol

didnt portugal get Go Home, like the thursday before everyone else?
it wouldnt happen that early?.
In australia we got Go Home on the sunday before it was supposed to go out....so i'm going to all music store on Sunday...i dont wanna miss out :)

Bono's Tart said:
I've heard rumblings about a midnight launch on the Thursday at HMV Gafton Street complete with the band.

I need to try and get this confirmed as we are in Dublin the previous weekend and leave on the 16th!!:mad:

If this info is right we'll be home Tuesday night and back in on the Thursday!:wink:

Being from Dublin, every time there is a U2 album release, there are rumours, rumblings and chinese whispers about U2 appearing at HMV or some other record outlet for the release. And in most cases (maybe U2 appeared at some stage in the distant past) they have never shown up. HMV etc do open at midnight though so you can get album first!

Party Boy said:

Being from Dublin, every time there is a U2 album release, there are rumours, rumblings and chinese whispers about U2 appearing at HMV or some other record outlet for the release. And in most cases (maybe U2 appeared at some stage in the distant past) they have never shown up. HMV etc do open at midnight though so you can get album first!

yeah I've heard similar tales. Could you confirm that The Dockers has actually shut? That has become one of my favourite boozers over the last 13 years (I feel myself 'decompressing' from the stress of London life as soon as I have my first pint!:drool:) so I'm still in denial that it may be gone forever :(

Back
Top Bottom