What is the greatest U2 video????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm partial to If God Will Send His Angels, and The Sweetest Thing. Both very clever videos.

All I Want Is You and Please top the list for me.
Electrical Storm gets an honourable mention, but the unexplained Bono on the train and the random deer interrupting Larry and Samantha's fun kinda ruins the feel at times.

What I always loved about the NUMB video, is that they had the guts to show nothing than a black screen for about 10 seconds, when they all walked out of the frame.

Without question U2's greatest video is 'Where the streets have no name". Playing that great song on top of a building in LA was simply perfect. That video still gives me the same goosebumps today as it did the first time I saw it. IMO when you combine the music and video side, it's the best music video of all time.

My second favorite is "Discotheque". I love the whole video, especially the part where the band is dressed up as the Village People. Makes me lmao every time I see it.

Third is the original "Vertigo" filmed in Spain.. just for the coolness factor. "Beautiful Day" and "Staring at the sun" are cool also.

Though overall I agree with others that most of U2's videos are not that good. To be honest, they should just wait and film the songs being played in concert and then release it as a video. Those would be better than 80% of U2's released videos.

Good

With or Without You
All I Want is You
Even Better Than The Real Thing
The Fly
One
Lemon
Discotheque
Beautiful Day
Vertigo // i know many of you may disagree but I think this captures the feeling of the song and the rush really well
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own

OK
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Where The Streets Have No Name
Desire
Mysterious Ways
Stay
Last Night On Earth
If God Will Send His Angels
Electrical Storm
Elevation
Original of The Species

BAD
Stuck in A Moment ALLLL VERSIONS

Mofo(from the Best Of DVD)
Discotheque
Lemon
Numb
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

I like Walk on, Lemon, Where the Streets have no Name, With or without you, City of Blinding Lights, Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own.

But yeah I agree that none of the videos are "great". I'd say its their one weakness.

Although actually I'd say "Streets" is great :) I love that video.

Last edited:
AntonCorbijn said:
What I always loved about the NUMB video, is that they had the guts to show nothing than a black screen for about 10 seconds, when they all walked out of the frame.

Totally agreed.
I love Staring at the sun
Please
Lemon

but Stuck/Us version---i dont understand the reason for it.

Ps: Anton--you're a genious :wink:

I love the please video, I think thats great: the old man standing up, all the others kneeling down, edge's face disappears from the window and he starts the solo, brilliant.

lemon, numb, ground beneath, original of the species (just for its originality), WTSHNN and all I want is you.

Back
Top Bottom