what is left for U2 to sample?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
stupid question I know...and we all been down 'ere before, flyin Z-Edges pants and stuff.......but while some of us agree U2 love to sample, mix, try new sounds etc....................lets see, what sounds is there left that they have not tried.........I for the life of me cant think............

Its strange.............I dont have a 'certain sound' for their 80's stuff

For their early 90's I call it Rock..........but like an Easy Rock......esp going into Zooropa....

Then for PoP as some of us say, I see it as 'electronic Rock'

ATYCLB I see as 'easy listening' type Rock, although easy listening is one on its own I guess.

so, what is left for them to sample????????

In the one road they have taken sticking to the Rock sound...............I always say they'd go easier now, softer music more...........I see the next album (if any) a definate softer quieter one than ATYCLB.

*shrugs*

Been here, but Im stepping a little higher as I get a bit confused when pple here say, 'oh but they've got loads of new sounds to sample, Bono even said himself', yes, but 'new sounds' have to be within a 'term' of music sound do they not?

ya know?

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 04-11-2002).]

Bluegrass! Oh U2 where art thou!
eek.gif

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

Hardcore gangsta rap

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

It's always hard to predict new musical styles coming out - that's what record company execs are for (ha ha). Something will pop up, and they may or may not go down that road.

If you told them when they were making UF that they will be doing pop-like dance music with hard rythyms - they might give you this look -
icon29.gif

So, who know what the "sound du jour" will be - nad if they will jump on it.

With bands like BRMC and The Strokes, it might be a more Mod sound coming back - and maybe they will take a few song stab at that - that would be cool!

This scares the hell out of me. They are so hung up on 'not repeating themselves' I know they will try to explore something 'new' but there really isn't any type of music left that they could do that would suit the band that they are and the way they play. I FEAR they will go hardcore rock rap or something like that just to win new fans and I would hate that. I just want them to do what comes naturally, from their hearts and minds and not give a shit what style it is or if it has been done before. They have nothing left to prove and they are too great for that.

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

Originally posted by zonelistener:
it might be a more Mod sound
mods have a sound?
why wasn't I notified?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 04-11-2002).]

Hard Rock

I dont honestly think they've ever made a hard rock album. For some of you maybe 'Elevation' is hard rock, I am not talking about that, I am talking about the ZOOTV Desire or Bullet, The Fly or maybe Exit. I think this could be an interesting avenue to explore, to make a whole album thats rocks the rafters, rather than rock-lite ATYCLB, which is a good album but almost boring at times.

Originally posted by stephannv:
an album with all vocals done by Adam.
It could happen.

errr..you must not have heard any of the ancient bootlegs featuring adam on background vocals. I love the man but...he cannot sing to save his life.

Now an album featuring Adam reading...I'd buy that! Sexy speaking voice.

Hmmm... well we could have-

swing/heavy/metal

heavy/lullaby/rap

bluegrass/hardcore/metal

jazz//dance/rock

electronic/country/club

orchestral/hip-hop/punk

industrial/opera/trance

er.... talking out of my arse here! HIC!

------------------
save a mouse - eat a pussy

Originally posted by mad1:

oh The Strokes are f*cking brilliant!!!!!

YES!!!!!! The Strokes are MOTHER F*cking brilliant!

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

I'd personally like to see Edge do more yodeling.

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

Back
Top Bottom