What is everyone's favourite U2 album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Something about a...fire? I dunno, I forgot.

Then Pop, then who cares.

auchtungally said:
Does everyone have a favourite albums of U2?

No, I actually come here because I hate U2. :angry:

Especially The Unforgettable Fire. :madspit:

Re: Re: What is everyone's favourite U2 album?

Originally posted by Axver

No, I actually come here because I hate U2. :angry:

Especially The Unforgettable Fire. :madspit:

And so ... the truth finally comes out !! :lol:

BTW ... a new avatar, Axver ?? Is it permanent or temporary ??

Re: Re: Re: What is everyone's favourite U2 album?

MsMofoGone said:
BTW ... a new avatar, Axver ?? Is it permanent or temporary ??

Honestly? Not sure. I'll probably revert back to Red Rocks Edge after the tour comes down here.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What is everyone's favourite U2 album?

Originally posted by Axver

I'll probably revert back to Red Rocks Edge after the tour comes down here.

Good to know ... as I really would miss that 'younger stage' photo of Edge. :sad:
I don't think anyone else here has it either !! :tsk:
It's so-ooo CLASSIC ... Gotta love it !! :love:
(Well, because of Red Rocks, actually !!) :up: :wink:

yeah HTDAAB could be
what a f...great record:drool:
also JT, War, Pop, Achtung Baby:bow:
ATYCLB is also one of my favs, just love it:heart:

hedgehog said:
Hard to say, changes quite often, usually one of Achtung Baby, Zooropa or Pop (Im a 90's addict!).

At the moment though, it's definately Pop.:drool:

:drool: 90's U2...Best. Ever.

Yeah, toss up between Achtung, Zooropa and Pop.

susanp6 said:
It's funny this cos i've always had it as either JT or AB, but recently, i can't get enough of POP :ohmy: Does this mean i've joined the company of Atomic Bono???!!! :)

Love the opening of Do you feel loved and Mofo :rockon: :dancing:

Welcome to the club!! :rockon: I'm diggin' all the Pop love goin' around here. As probably everyone in the history of humanity knows, my favourite album of all time is POP. I heard Discotheque once (thanks to my mom!!) and that was it, U2 had me for life. I love every song on Pop. I wouldn't change a single thing. Yeah, the live versions improved most of the songs, but I wouldn't fuck with that album at all. It's perfect in its imperfection. There is this darkness, this emptiness, this haunting and hollow feeling despite all the layers of sound that can't be replicated live or in single mixes or "new" mixes or whatever. Pop is its own little world. Whenever I listen to it, it takes me to another place, a trip in my mind. Even though I've listened to the album hundreds (thousands? is it possible I've listened to it that much? it was all I listened to for months on end...) of times, it never ceases to amaze me, and I almost always hear something I didn't hear before. Some loop I didn't notice. Some inflection in Bono's voice during one note. There is so much shit going on in that album that I can't believe it was considered unfinished. But hey, if that's an unfinished album, I want some more of that!

Second to Pop has gotta be Achtung, then it's a toss up between Zooropa and JT.

Here here AB!!! :wink: I know what you mean about the effect you get from listening to the album, tho' i didn't see it straight away but it has sooo grown on me! :love: :rockon: the way he whispers at the start of Velvet dress!!!! OMFG! SO sexay!

Oh and i :heart: your avator :faint: oh god, that smile is to die for! :wink:

susanp6 said:
Here here AB!!! :wink: I know what you mean about the effect you get from listening to the album, tho' i didn't see it straight away but it has sooo grown on me! :love: :rockon: the way he whispers at the start of Velvet dress!!!! OMFG! SO sexay!

Oh and i :heart: your avator :faint: oh god, that smile is to die for! :wink:

Velvet Dress is :drool:, very sexy song. And unlike most people I really prefer the album version to the bombast of the Jools Holland version. The Jools Holland version doesn't have that gorgeous solo from Edge with Adam's bass pulsating in the background...that really makes the song, for me. And I like the way Bono sings the album version more, though it's interesting to hear him sing in that over-the-top Sinatra-like way in the Jools version.

Yeah I love my avatar too :wink: Bono has the best smile ever. And he has really nice teeth. But I should probably shut up before this thread gets PLEBA-ized :p

:giggle: yeah, we couldn't turn it into Pleba eh?! :ohmy:

That's interesting cos i absolutely went totally :combust: :faint: :drool: when i first heard the Jools version and i think i like both a lot in different ways! :yes:

i go back and forth between joshua tree and unforgettable fire.

Is, and will always be, Achtung Baby.

I distinctly remember thinking after listening to it for the first time "this is the best album I have ever heard."

Not easy to rank, everyone prob goes through diff faves during diff periods... Not counting Rattle & Hum since it has duplicate tracks, I think the 2 best are hard to argue with, after that it becomes more difficult...

1. Joshua Tree
2. Achtung Baby
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Atomic Bomb
5. Pop
6. War
7. Leave Behind
8. Boy
9. October

Had to leave Zooropa out - haven't listened to it enough - although I find it hard to believe it could crack the top 5...

Changes constantly, but as of right now -

1. Boy
2. The Joshua Tree
3. Achtung Baby!
4. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
5. All That You Can't Leave Behind
6. War

Back
Top Bottom