What is downright scary about Love and Peace or Else.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knuckle

Acrobat
What is downright scary about Love and Peace or Else......is the sound of Edge's guitar, toward the end of the song (at the end of the instrumental bridge). It sounds like the "Beast" from the Book of Revalation burrowing its way up from the underground and then bursting through the Earth. It drives home the "or Else" part of the song I guess.

I can't wait to hear this song live. It should be the show opener or at least the encore opener.

Yeah, I wondered if this song could pull it off as a show-opener. It definitely has a longer intro that could work, but it may set an uncharacteristically gloomy tone as a show-opener (unlike every other show-opening song in the past).

Knuckle said:
What is downright scary about Love and Peace or Else......is the sound of Edge's guitar, toward the end of the song (at the end of the instrumental bridge). It sounds like the "Beast" from the Book of Revalation burrowing its way up from the underground and then bursting through the Earth. It drives home the "or Else" part of the song I guess.

I had the same thought when I heard that part of the song! OK, the part about the Beast from the Book of Revelations never occured to me, but it definitely sounded like something was burrowing its way from the underground to the surface of the desert.

Last edited:
This song will fuckin' rock live. I can imagine Bono going on a tirade in that last part of the song a la Bullet the Blue Sky, "slapping 'em down," with just the rumbling sound in the background, before Edge's guitar kicks in for the grand finale. I can't wait. This song is in my top 3 from HTDAAB, and moving steadily upwards. Lyrically, it is probably #1.

This song is the "Please" or "Sunday Bloody Sunday" of the new album.

TheBonofactor said:

This song is the "Please" or "Sunday Bloody Sunday" of the new album.

I can remember when people said "Peace on earth" was the 3rd in a trilogy which previous featured SBS and Please. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a joke.

LAPOE is much more worthy to follow in the line of those 2 classics. I can see this opening the encore. Actually, I can't imagine it in any other spot.

:drool: L&POE :drool:

Not sure it'd be the opener though... I'm thinking more along the lines of ABOY. Just 'cuz Vertigo seems too obvious, ya' know? :D

This is the song im looking forward to the most live I think it will blow the roof off :wink:

i don't really think this song is that good. . .

maybe the leaks spoled it for me. i remember back in the summer when we heard the 2nd chorus, and i was like WOW!! AMAZING! then we got the last 3 mins and i was blown away again, especially by the solo at the end. THEN we got a 1 min clip of the intro from the Amazon.com video in October, and i was like WOW THIS IS GONNA ROCK!

but I don't think it's really that great. Miracle Drug, COBL, SYCMIOYO, and OoTS totally blow it out of the water

This song goes well with the futuristic story i'm writing.The weird thing is..it has a desert,a beast,and U2 in it.

It's kinda eerie,but so cool.

The scariest part of the song is when Bono sings "love and peeeeeeaaaacccee.....ssssssssssssssssssssss" and the line turns into a snake's hiss, which is matched with a rattling sound, like a rattlesnake. Talk about menacing. I hope they open their shows with this one, too.

I love this song! I think it's going to be unbelievable live. I can't wait! :hyper:

I remember the first time I listened to the song and I thought "where is the solo?" when the "troops on the ground are about to dig in" bit stopped.
Then the keyboard/bass started thumping slowly, louder and louder and CRASH there's the solo.

This song is one of the album's weakest moments. I don't know what they were thinking with this random metal funky song... it does not do it for me. If they ever play it live, it might come back to me, but, for now, it sucks.

Is that Edge switching to a minor key on the downturn of the solo?

The song totally rocks. Love the snake hiss... love the lyrics, and love the totally mesmerizing bridge.

Back
Top Bottom