What is all this U2 name game stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Layton

War Child
Sorry to start a new thread about this, but I didn't want to interupt the game thread. Basically my question is, What the hell is going on with those threads? I don't get the game.

It's very simple. You name a song beginning with the last letter of the song previously named, i.e. City Of Blinding Lights --> Surrender --> Red Hill Mining Town.

Thanks. How does this game end then? Seems like you could go forever with this.

Ohhhh, I get it. I'm glad someone else asked, because I was too shy to pipe up and ask what the hell that was all about.

Yeah, but only because you get a new thread once you hit 500 posts, right?

I'm having fun with it now, but how does it keep going on? You keep recycling through the same songs, because so many words end in "e" and there are only so many songs that start with "e."

Poor Vertigo or Beautiful Day will never get used, because how many songs end in V or B?

corianderstem said:
I'm having fun with it now, but how does it keep going on? You keep recycling through the same songs, because so many words end in "e" and there are only so many songs that start with "e."

The biggest repition seems to be Yahweh. Because of all the day songs and only one Y song.

Two! Your Blue Room, which I just used. :wink:

Also, would The Ocean be a "T" or an "O" song? Conventional wisdom might tell you to file it under "O," because if you're alphabetizing stuff, you'd file it as such.

Plus, it might give this game a little more variety. :wink:

Last edited:
I still cheat and look on my itunes library because I am always stumped, that is why I started the thread to begin with. When they do the older or covered songs then it gets rough but the more you play the more you get them.

Once, Aardvark, Axver and me were repeating Dirty Day -> Yahweh -> Heartland with many many drools.
I think we filled like 5 pages.

corianderstem said:

Poor Vertigo or Beautiful Day will never get used, because how many songs end in V or B?

Actually, thanks to Numb, Beautiful Day does get a chance. :)

Back
Top Bottom