What is a non-U2 song featuring Green Day doing on a Definitive Best Of (yuck) U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Utoo said:

Yeah, but as I said, the reason it and TSAC are on their respective albums is to advertise for something-----one for a movie, the other for Music Rising. Even if you may not think it's right to have a cover or a collab on there, the reason it's there is unrelated to what type of song it is.

Johnny cash has several covers & collaborations on some of his (many) greatest hits albums----notably, Hurt and The Wanderer.

Yes, I can understand it... it just don't please me to see a cover between a compilation of hits from a band that is known for their original songs.

the problem with including the cover song is that it's very short sighted. in 5 years, that song will seem even more out of place that in already does. kind of the same way THTBA fells very out of place on the 90's best of (mainly because it is not the best of anything or even very good.)

In conclusion, one new song on a best of makes sense. 2 new songs on a best of is pushing it. especially if the song is a collaberation and a cover that is brand new and has not stood the test of time.

I don't think they care about Best Of's.. they care more about the next album they put out..
They know that Best Of's are just cash and cheques for record co's..

I just want to know if they'll actually play the new song (not Saints) live on tour. They never played Electrical Storm live and they went as far as to release it as a single and even film a video for it.

david said:
I just want to know if they'll actually play the new song (not Saints) live on tour. They never played Electrical Storm live and they went as far as to release it as a single and even film a video for it.

Was E storm released after the elevation tour ?

david said:

I'm still hoping that someday i'll get to hear Electrical Storm live, although i know it's a longshot. But Miss Sarajevo made it into the set list finally, so you never know.

As for the new Best Of, i don't really care what they put on it. I'll buy it just to support U2. But i do agree that the Best of 90-00 had some odd choices.

Back
Top Bottom