what images does u2 draw in your mind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wireman

The Fly
We all do it, we turn the song around to apply it to our life. What songs remind you of a time place or even in your life?

I'll go first

Whose gonna ride your wild horses reminds me of this very strong woman I used to know, and after having to part ways I had always pondered that last line " whose gonna take the place of me?"

anyone else dare to share?

'Stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it'

Lately it seems like every day
frown.gif

Latley...

Wake Up Dead Man - An image of death, a prayer, an image of reaching up to the skies but finding nothing...loneliness and sadness...

Stuck In A Moment: About this girl...for me it's become a love song, a struggling kind of love...

Lots of images in U2 songs, simply amazing..

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

Zoocifer, I laughed out loud at this...I guess because I'm constantly saying "Don't wanna be a slug" about myself as well!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Zoocifer:
"Slug" - sums me up.

Anything JT and before reminds me of the wild life I had back in my 20s...

Velvet Dress...well, you can only imagine...same for Love is Blindness...ohhhh, baby....
wink.gif

Dancin Shoes somehow makes me picture a hooker out on the street somewhere...

the Salome remix reminds me of just that...Salome doing the dance of the seven veils for the king...all the while plotting...

anything from October is just one joyful praise to God....

and Stateless just makes me want to weep...

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal:
Images of spending a lot of green on them and getting bs in return.

Don't buy their stuff then!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

"In a little While" - It is a soul song to me. About coming home after a long day/night either to everything or to nothing.

"Beautiful Day" - one of the many songs I've listened to for the past few months. Goes along the lines with "Walk On" and leaving it behind.

"With or Without You" - plain and simple. I love her, but she drives me crazy.

"Slug" - sums me up.

"Until the End of the World" - alot of notions of betrayal hanging around my head lately.

"Your Blue Room" - haunting song. That's all I can say.

'til next time.

~zoo~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

Back
Top Bottom