what if u2 were a ROCKnROLL band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shaun vox said:
some of you jackasses did not see a wink like this:)wink: ) in my post.... dont fucking blast me if you dont get the joke!!!!!!!

I got it all along, I mean the joke is right there in your avatar.

U2 is the greatest Christian rock band in the history of the universe, end of story. They're also relevant after almost 30 years. Who cares if they don't do what other big testosterone junky, screaming, ten minute lame and repetitive guitar solo, long haired, redneck, coccaine addict, hotel trashing, crowd surfing, burn-out wash ups who release a million best of's and have a reunion tour every 2 years for publicity bands do? If u2 stand alone, it's just because nobody else can cut it as far as producing quality and relevant music, having the ability to touch the soul, longevity, and unity/morals. You've got Slash, but he's got nothing on my boys!!!:rant:

U2 aren't Christian rock, sure they may be Bonoaethists, but they cover a shitload more than Jesus is cool, The B- man has seemed mightily pissed off at Jesus a load of times, a love hate thing, WITH OR WITHOUT YOU, U2 is a secular band like it or not, theyre something other than any classification, theyre amazing, my Favorite band, all yours too probably, theyre regular lads really too, many people think many different things about U2, theyre the band don't classify em, one thing is sure though theyre cool motherfuckers and they rock.

( mightily pissed off)

U2 is not Rock & Roll?

B/C they don't play 50's style Rock & Roll?

Does that mean all real rap bands have to do a duo with Aerosmith before their legit?

As Moe the Bartender once said, "This is the stupidest thing I've ever read, and I've read the entire Sweet Valley High series."

By Christian rock band I was thinking more about exploring faith through music as opposed to being an "I love Jesus, let's all hug" sort of bible-thumping band. I only used that word because the emotional connection that they are able to establish with their fans comes mainly from their faith and the passion which comes from this faith. That's what separates them from other bands, which was what I was getting at in the post anyway...:eyebrow:

Sorry just came across this thread now.

U2 once said that they aren't a rock band. They are just a loud folk band. I think they said this back in their glory days of 1987, but perhaps they have evolved to being a rock band since then.

Has Bono ever proclaimed they were the biggest rock band in the world? Or did he just say best band in the world without referring to genre?

Cheers,

J

...Bono even describes himself as being pop.

Macphisto (Sydney ZooTV) - "I know you like your pop stars to be exciting, so I bought...these"

But I dont think that means anything in particular!

stryper kicks the devils arsssssss!

u2 are actuall an alternative to rocknroll!

rockNroll has loud vocals and guitar solos and drum solos ... then you have have alternative rock where there are no loud vocals no guitar solos and no drum solos .... thats U2 !!!!!!!!!!!

they are the best alternative band!!!!

shaun vox said:

rockNroll has loud vocals and guitar solos and drum solos ... then you have have alternative rock where there are no loud vocals no guitar solos and no drum solos .... thats U2 !!!!!!!!!!!

I think that's probably the worse definition for rocknroll I've ever seen. By this definition rocknroll wasn't even invented till the 70's...

Back
Top Bottom