What if U2 sees no end in sight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t8thgr8

War Child
How far will you let them take you?

And as a thread bonus: I hope Bono takes a less is more approach on this next one.

Mountain Dew Ma said:
i will buy

any record that has the name

"u2" on it.

i will let them take me on whatever

"musical journey"

they wish to.

word brah

U2 has sucked me into the point where I will buy their next album even if it blows. I will desperately try to like it anyway :p U2 has never seriously disappointed me though. HTDAAB isn't their best but I loved it when it came out, and there are many valid criticisms of it but it's by no means a terrible album, or even U2's worst.

seriously, if I really didnt like the next U2 album at all, I'd still go to shows, and yeah I might complain about it a bit, but I wouldnt spend two years on a message board bitching about it, I'd just go do something else...:wink:

AtomicBono said:

word brah

U2 has sucked me into the point where I will buy their next album even if it blows. I will desperately try to like it anyway :p U2 has never seriously disappointed me though. HTDAAB isn't their best but I loved it when it came out, and there are many valid criticisms of it but it's by no means a terrible album, or even U2's worst.

seriously, if I really didnt like the next U2 album at all, I'd still go to shows, and yeah I might complain about it a bit, but I wouldnt spend two years on a message board bitching about it, I'd just go do something else...:wink:

if i disliked the next album from these guys,

i would just go dust off my copies of "Pop" and "How to dismantle an atomic bomb" and "achtung baby" and listen to the albums i like.

instead of infesting myself in a fury of misery.

either way, i am sure i will enjoy their next record.

No band plans an end, particularly one that is made up of people who are still close friends, putting together music that they like and still finding huge success and staying relevant in the popular culture.

But even if they went the way of most once popular bands and disappeared into next to oblivion, I'd probably still follow them, although given they're legendary status and longevity it's not likely to turn out that way.

powerhour24 said:
No band plans an end, particularly one that is made up of people who are still close friends, putting together music that they like and still finding huge success and staying relevant in the popular culture.

But even if they went the way of most once popular bands and disappeared into next to oblivion, I'd probably still follow them, although given they're legendary status and longevity it's not likely to turn out that way.

What if they're like motherfuckin 80 and Bono is jumping around hoo hooing because they finally decided it was time to rock out again after 30 years of arabic mischief?

t8thgr8 said:

What if they're like motherfuckin 80 and Bono is jumping around hoo hooing because they finally decided it was time to rock out again after 30 years of arabic mischief?

by then all of U2 will be in robot bodies so it will be perfectly acceptable

I'm good with no end in sight. Aside from the rare occasional song there is nothing in their catalogue that I don't immensely enjoy listening to, even if I have to let it grow on me. (WITS hasn't grown on me yet though...it may be one of the ones that doesn't, but that may be because I hold them to such a high standard now.) I can't fathom that they would produce an album I wouldn't like. And if they did, their other stuff will keep me going until the next one, and I'd still go to the shows to see older stuff played live.

Possible but I don't think so. I think there will be a end of U2 in a few years' time, due to health reasons. (whichever lasts longer: Larry's wrists or Bono's voice)

I will SAMPLE the next album on iTunes, and read the reviews everyone on Interference will give it.

As much as I like the band, I can't commit to buying anything with U2 on it. I couldn't go for a whole album of WITS-like songs, for example.

But I hope hope hope it's good.

Back
Top Bottom