What if this rumored March release date...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homerpalooza

Acrobat
...is for the first single, and not the album?

In that case, the album would probably come out in May.

But I really, really hope not.

Last edited:
Well even if this is the case, that still doesn't clash with the rumored Spring album release.

*edit* I'm getting suspicous about March album release because I think we'd know the name/release date of the first single by now...

Last edited:
I just hope nothing major is going to happen in July because I may be taking a 2 week trip to mongolia which is good but if tickets were to go on sale I would be :crazy: :yikes: :uhoh: :yuck: to the extreme...

According to Universal dates are still being thrown around for the actual street date.. it has yet to be decided by the Band

I'm only passing on what I've been told by a friend who had been talking to Edges cousin.

I have no reason to doubt the info.

Like everyone else I would love to have the new album asap but it appears that it wont be the case.:sad:

Bono's Tart said:
I'm only passing on what I've been told by a friend who had been talking to Edges cousin.

I have no reason to doubt the info.

Like everyone else I would love to have the new album asap but it appears that it wont be the case.:sad:

I think people are skeptical of what you are saying because there are often people that come to this board claiming they have insider info, and it usually turns out to be false.

While I dont neccessarily disagree with what you are saying, I'm a little sketchy about the whole "Edge's cousin" thing. Did your friend meet his cousin in person or over the internet? There's someone that used to post at the message board at u2.com who claimed to be Edge's cousin... so this isn't the first time I've heard a story like yours. And while it is possible, it just seems unlikely.

It's too easy to make up these stories... that's why it's hard to believe them.

I don't think you're lying, but I do hope your source is :wink:

Haha, the old "Edge's cousin" routine. There's at least one member of every message board in interland (be it hockey, music, whatever) who claims to know "Edge's cousin". Does Edge have a LOT of cousins? If not, this cousin of his sure gets around...

Chizip said:
i hate to say i told ya soooooooo

:wink:

Weren't you always claiming it will come out in the fall at the earliest?

How does that equal the unoficial and unfoncfirmed summer release?

my contention has always been that it will not be released this spring, that there will be a "delay." and ive guessed this fall to align with bono's tour comments, so late summer/early fall release for a fall tour would coincide with my predictions.

I'm just hoping that you're very wrong.

I wish they'd hurry up a bit ... maybe good ol' Edge's cousin could give them a little push in the right direction?

i think we should remember that election "season" is during the summer, so if the band plans on making any "statements" during the tour it would make sense to tour before september or october, dont you think? Thats why i believe this spring release rumor over edge's cousin. Plus, Bono has already said he wants to tour during the election season as well, but we'll have to wait and see

Er, a fall tour - if it indeed happens - does in no way mean the album comes out in the fall, like you claimed right after that Bono article, Chizip.

Back
Top Bottom