What if one of the band came out and said they were gay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Bulger

Babyface
I was just thinking about this the other day, and wanted to bring it up, see what everyone thought.

I don't mean to cause any trouble here, so please don't take it the wrong way. Obviously this is only a hypothetical.

Would it change your opinions in any way? How you feel about the band, their music?

Not very likely I would say as 3 out of 4 bandmembers have a family.
I couldn't care less to answer the question, they are my hereos and they would still be.

Allow me to quote:
What is unacceptable in PLEBA? (and the rest of the forum)

Posting about the bands' private life, questioning their marriages or sexuality is not allowed.

I can't see where it would matter. :shrug:

I also don't think the initial post violated the rule noted a few posts above me. No one is questioning any of the band members' sexuality. The question is simply would you mind if one came out.

I suppose the original poster could have said "a member of your favourite band" but for many/most people here that would be one and the same anyway.

Jim said:
it would not make a blind bit of a difference. should it?

Exactly. I couldn't care less if they're heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, asexual, etc.

In the Much Music special during the Elevation Tour they were asked about how they've stayed together all these years and Bono said "We're gay.", with a big grin. The other three just smirked and the audience cheered. :wink:

Dana

Do we live still in the 1800's? :confused: I hate when people say "come out", if people use that line it should be namned "come out" to heterosexuals also. They shouldnt need to be "come out" It isnt something you will be, it something you are from birth. The only time you "come out" is from the vagina. If you are homo/hetro you are that you are and there are no need to to call it come out.

And why should I change my opinion oon the band becuase they haev different sexualitys? Homo is as natural as Hetro, nature created us, animals also have sex with the same gender.

Don't mean to be rude, but this thread has a real stupid question.

I would be surprised initially since 3 of the 4 are married fathers, and all have been involved in long-time straight relationships, but I wouldn't stop liking the music and the band.

for me, U2 would still the best band ever if one, or more, of the band declared themselves Gay. Gay people can make good music too as well as be good craic etc, just like anyone else!

Last edited:
I think it's weird that we are even making this distinction :slant:

But, to answer the question, it wouldn't matter to me, at all. They would still be human beings and the music would rock just the same :shrug:

This thread really is a sign that we've hit the bottom of the low between albums/tours, isn't it? :|

Well, at least that means things can only get better from here.

:|

Of course this type of thread would bring Shaun out of hiding...

Why even ask? The only people that would answer yes are bigots, so really you're just setting up a thread that points them out.

I have to give this thread a :down:

I hate to break it to a couple of you, but getting married and having a family is no guarantee that someone isn't gay.

Anyway, yeah. This thread is pretty pointless.

I would burn all of their records and cry for days on top of the burning pile. Then, after scratching my eyes out, I would go work in a monastery to repent for my sins that I have committed by listening to music recorded by homosexuals. Then the monks would kick me in the balls repeatedly and force me to walk on hot coals until I have been forgiven. Then I would maybe eat some dinner and go to bed.

:|

LemonMelon said:
I would burn all of their records and cry for days on top of the burning pile. Then, after scratching my eyes out, I would go work in a monastery to repent for my sins that I have committed by listening to music recorded by homosexuals. Then the monks would kick me in the balls repeatedly and force me to walk on hot coals until I have been forgiven. Then I would maybe eat some dinner and go to bed.

I'm saying. Except for the kicking of the balls part.

mysterious_jen said:
worst thread eva :no:

No, I think the "Freddie Mercury showGAYship" thread was worse.

It seems this topic brings out the worst in Interference.

I'd feel shocked, mainly because some of my old friends were right about something :wink:

But seriously who would care? Well maybe their wives...:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom